Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

Guys, I could have won. Seriously, I was so close.

But I couldn't live with myself given the way I took the lead on the last corner. I couldn't have my first victory on the game be like that.

And you know what, looking back at the video, I'm not entirely sure I was at fault. Much better run out of the penultimate corner, I had the inside line pretty fair and square and he's turned into me. It didn't even give me a SR hit. I got a clean race!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But I couldn't live with myself given the way I took the lead on the last corner. I couldn't have my first victory on the game be like that.

And you know what, looking back at the video, I'm not entirely sure I was at fault. Much better run out of the penultimate corner, I had the inside line pretty fair and square and he's turned into me. It didn't even give me a SR hit. I got a clean race!

I was going to say before your last paragraph, it doesn't look like it was your fault at all. He was going too slow and you had the corner. Then again, I'm no racing expert. 

Yep looking back I’m a bit annoyed I let him through. But in the heat of the race I felt like I’d dive bombed him. 

Oh well. I’m battling on. 

In other news they’ve added Monza to the game and its a **** shit show. 

Lol wtf? He bottled the last corner and you let him back in front? 

You had a good racing line and he took it wide giving you the opportunity to get in front, you mugged yourself off there.

Can you change the settings for analogue "dead zones"? Yours appear to be low, and you can be better (make smaller alterations) if you reduce the % of the deadzone. 

In bf for example, it's set to 30% and I've reduced it to 10% and it's helped me be more accurate.

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep looking back I’m a bit annoyed I let him through. But in the heat of the race I felt like I’d dive bombed him. 

Oh well. I’m battling on. 

In other news they’ve added Monza to the game and its a **** shit show. 

His fault. You had the racing line.

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why did he take it so wide? He took a bad line and hit you, you should have taken the W.

• Like 1

Argh I’m so annoyed. I should have taken the win!

honestly guys this game is so so good. Best racer I’ve ever played. It has its faults but overall it is genuinely brilliant. 

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Lol wtf? He bottled the last corner and you let him back in front? 

You had a good racing line and he took it wide giving you the opportunity to get in front, you mugged yourself off there.

Can you change the settings for analogue "dead zones"? Yours appear to be low, and you can be better (make smaller alterations) if you reduce the % of the deadzone. 

In bf for example, it's set to 30% and I've reduced it to 10% and it's helped me be more accurate.

I have no idea what any of this means. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no idea what any of this means. 

Your moves are quite clunky in the car as you turn it, almost like you're either turning or not turning, it's not a smooth motion.

A dead zone is the distance you move your stick before it starts to move in game.  Your dead zone appears to be quite high, so you move the stick a lot left or right to get an action in game.  

If there is a dead zone setting, you could probably reduce it, ultimately giving you more control because you might not have to slow down as much because you'll have greater control.

Just have a Google.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Your moves are quite clunky in the car as you turn it, almost like you're either turning or not turning, it's not a smooth motion.

A dead zone is the distance you move your stick before it starts to move in game.  Your dead zone appears to be quite high, so you move the stick a lot left or right to get an action in game.  

If there is a dead zone setting, you could probably reduce it, ultimately giving you more control because you might not have to slow down as much because you'll have greater control.

Just have a Google.

Gotcha. Makes sense. 

I think that’s definitely an issue, although it’s  probably magnified in this case by the piece of shit car I was using. 

• Like 1

Should never have let him win! He had a terrible 2nd to last corner and you had an excellent on (maybe lucky - could have spun out on harser sims) meaning you had a huge advantage for the last corner. His only hope was to hit into you which he did and failed.

1 hour ago, RunRickyRun said:

Should never have let him win! He had a terrible 2nd to last corner and you had an excellent on (maybe lucky - could have spun out on harser sims) meaning you had a huge advantage for the last corner. His only hope was to hit into you which he did and failed.

To be fair I think he just didn’t expect me to be there and tried to take the racing line, hence the wide entry. 

He was bad at that penultimate corner on each lap so I knew I could get a run on him there. 

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

@Stevo985 do you play a lot of car racing games? How is the handling with a controller, compared to say... GT6 or Forza 6?

I used to but haven't for a while. The last racing game I had was Driveclub which was shit.

I've only ever used controllers for racing games too.

What i will say is, and this is based purely on what I've seen from people playing them on YouTube, Forza 6 looks a lot more arcadey than GT Sport. Not sure if that's reflected in the handling.

Â