Weekends football 20/22 January

andykeenan

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ref decides the game. Man City very unlucky.

Just a bad game from the ref all around. Man City don't score their 2nd if not for the ref. 

Pep just didn't adjust, again. When you have a lead, you can't just keep playing the same way IMO. It's easy to say "Don't fix what is working". But it was working against the way Spurs currently had themselves set up. Spurs changed, City didn't and it cost them.

44 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Just a bad game from the ref all around. Man City don't score their 2nd if not for the ref. 

Pep just didn't adjust, again. When you have a lead, you can't just keep playing the same way IMO. It's easy to say "Don't fix what is working". But it was working against the way Spurs currently had themselves set up. Spurs changed, City didn't and it cost them.

I don't really agree. I think city were just unlucky. The Spurs equaliser could easily have been flagged as well. But anyway it was a clear pen and a red card against Walker that the ref missed.  That's what decided the outcome not tactics.

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't really agree. I think city were just unlucky. The Spurs equaliser could easily have been flagged as well. But anyway it was a clear pen and a red card against Walker that the ref missed.  That's what decided the outcome not tactics.

can't agree with the last. poor refereeing whether we like it or not is part of the game, but it had no effect on city's ability to defend.

53 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Blatant though weren't it and it gives reason to the argument that players should dive.

I think you still have to adjust, you can't basically play with 5 attacking midfielders/wingers + a striker and not give up chances. He needs to make changes quicker. He made the same mistake at home against Chelsea. I do agree that City were **** over by the ref today, but at the back it's just so poor. It's not just the keeper or the defenders either, the protection from the midfield is comical.

I do agree with you on diving though. Players diving isn't all players fault, it's just as much on refs. Kodjia v QPR away is the perfect example. Ref has a perfect view of him being pulled all over the place, doesn't give anything until Kodjia goes to ground.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

BUffon isnt brilliant at it either

Didn't Buffon save a couple in the Germany penalty shoot out?

Yeah it's surprising how mediocre the top keepers are at saving penalties....just looking and Lloris and DDG aren't great at saving them either.

Think Diego Alves at Valencia has a brilliant record....saved 12 of his last 16 faced or something ridiculous. 

Â