What are the chances of this?

A38villan

Just thought id post this on here to see if anyone else has a pot luck meeting of another villa fan they would like to share....

So it's starts, my boy came down with an eye infection at 12pm yesterday just as I was about to settle into the game. after a quick diagnosis we realised it was necessary to take him to the kids a&e. me and the wife take it in turns with these visits as we have another child, and sods law has it that it's my turn. so I get down there, thru triage and I'm waiting in the holding area for my boy to be seen. can't get a signal for the life of me, and last time I heard we where at 1-1. bloke sitting to the right if me had brought his little boy in too and I notice him ask his missus if he could use her phone to check the scores. on the off chance that he had seen the championship scores I asked him about the villa. to his surprise and mine it turns out his day had taken the same twist as mine and he was due to take his boy to the game! now this may not see too random until I tell you that we were both sitting in the royal hospital at Derby! anyway, if your reading this I hope your boy is better.... we were lucky and got out just before six. 

• Like 1

Interesting story and  i hope both are better soon. Something different but quite weird happened to me on the drive down yesterday.

Me and Mrs woodytom have a bit of a thing where we take display signs literally. For instance, il be driving down the motorway and she will make sure that I actively check my fuel levels if we pass a sign that says 'please check your fuel'. (I'm obviously fully aware of my fuel levels at the time, but we must obey the sign...... I know the long winter evenings must just fly right).

Anyway, so I'm coming down the m42 yesterday and I start seeing SOS signs. I come up with something that I deem an appropriate reaction with regards our game and think I must remember that for next time she is in the car.

Then I think, no, il pull over in the layby and text her about it.... This took me about 2 minutes.

About 2 minutes down the road I come to a complete stand still as just up in front had been a crash involving 3 cars. Missed about ten minutes of the first half as a result but wish those involved are ok..

• Like 2

Saw a bright orange seat Ibiza with a personalised Villa reg plate and Villa badge on it in a small Leeds town last  Friday. 

I wasn't paying attention in Argos as I was waiting for the owner to come out so I could say hello! 

On another note had a meeting in Bradford recently with a Villa fan in exile then made a phone call to another chap in Bradford who was a baggie. 

Oh and my son is at school in a little village in Leeds with another young Villa fan. 

Glory hunters ;) 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 14:28, A38villan said:

Just thought id post this on here to see if anyone else has a pot luck meeting of another villa fan they would like to share....

So it's starts, my boy came down with an eye infection at 12pm yesterday just as I was about to settle into the game. after a quick diagnosis we realised it was necessary to take him to the kids a&e. me and the wife take it in turns with these visits as we have another child, and sods law has it that it's my turn. so I get down there, thru triage and I'm waiting in the holding area for my boy to be seen. can't get a signal for the life of me, and last time I heard we where at 1-1. bloke sitting to the right if me had brought his little boy in too and I notice him ask his missus if he could use her phone to check the scores. on the off chance that he had seen the championship scores I asked him about the villa. to his surprise and mine it turns out his day had taken the same twist as mine and he was due to take his boy to the game! now this may not see too random until I tell you that we were both sitting in the royal hospital at Derby! anyway, if your reading this I hope your boy is better.... we were lucky and got out just before six. 

You could post this story on David Spiegelhalter's site about coincidences.

https://understandinguncertainty.org/coincidences#coincidence-form-entry

He might even get back in touch and tell you the exact mathematical chances of this happening.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

Leaving the local golf club car park the other day and there right in front of my car is someone with the personalised number plate AVFC 1982. 

Given that this was in a little town in South Australia, i thought blimey whats the odds of that then.

Hope everyone is now ok involved in these stories I've read.

• Like 1

Â