Week 9 Seattle hangs in the Buffalo stance

Brumerican

I haven't been convinced by us at all so far this season.  We're just about winning by being just about better.  This week's match will give me a better idea of what we can do.  There's no real stand-out side this season except maybe the Patriots who are doing it all at a canter as usual.  We need to click into the next gear otherwise I don't hold out too much hope of a repeat.  It doesn't help being in a strong division either.  Thankfully, injuries permitting, I think we can only get better as the QBs acclimatise to the pros.  I'm expecting a loss this time out though :(

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I haven't been convinced by us at all so far this season.  We're just about winning by being just about better.  This week's match will give me a better idea of what we can do.  There's no real stand-out side this season except maybe the Patriots who are doing it all at a canter as usual.  We need to click into the next gear otherwise I don't hold out too much hope of a repeat.  It doesn't help being in a strong division either.  Thankfully, injuries permitting, I think we can only get better as the QBs acclimatise to the pros.  I'm expecting a loss this time out though :(

I think we look more or less the same as last year. Below par QB play (but for different reasons, regressing old QB vs. rookies), a up and down O-line apart from Paradis who is at the very top of the league when it comes to centres.

The defense is on par with last year (fantastic) but has shifted strengths a bit. We have lost some interior pressure (Malik) and coverage at LB (Danny). Davies is a slightly worse edition of Trevathan so we lost out there, and the loss of Vance Walker created a huge hole in the plan to replace Malik.

The good part is that the secondary has somehow gotten even better. Roby performing like a n1 corner outside Talib and Harris. Those three in the same team is nothing short of once in a decade thing. Apart from that, Doss and Parks are outperforming last years backup players which gives us depth back there. Simmons is also showing tons of promise after being hurt at the start.

A repeat is not likely because the O is simply not good enough, and for all of Mannings faults last year, he was a figurehead to rally behind. That said, I think we have a good shot to beat the Raiders. They have not looked half as good as the Chiefs for example who I reckon is the biggest hurdle to overcome in the playoff hunt.

• Like 1

Some classic Jaguars football on display . Firstly Prince A catches a surefire interception only to be ran into by Gipson who knocks the ball out of his hands . Then Walters spills a punt return .

On the Brightside there's a lot of garbage time coming up .

Â