Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I agree ALMOST completely.  I do think there is a bit of criticism in it (at least from me) because while it MAY work to get us promoted, (and every finger is crossed)  it is NOT the way to push us forward and upward long-term.  

100% right on the mark - thank you for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe the Villa park surface is not helping if its not the training

But the hamstrings are frustrating as they can be avoidable injuries (so i am told) with preparation 

Whats our motto....?

• Haha 1

I too disagree with all players back for corners.....in the whole scheme of things one player won't make much difference, if fact, it could be argued you can have too many and they get in each others way and becomes counter productive.

We need someone up front for an outlet ball.

sorry, Steve B....you ain't got this bit right.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wow.. pot luck who gets a game this weekend then.

Hearing this we will be lucky. I am going 2-0 Sheff Wed as it stands.

We may be asked to bring our boots if we get there early.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wow.. pot luck who gets a game this weekend then.

Hearing this we will be lucky. I am going 2-0 Sheff Wed as it stands.

?

Basically of the team that was winning games we are still only lacking 2 players - no way should that cause a big panic

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

?

Basically of the team that was winning games we are still only lacking 2 players - no way should that cause a big panic

But big influential players Terry.

wasn't the winning run coincidential with Jack coming back as the finished article.

For me, he is the difference between a win and a draw.....such is his influence.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

wasn't the winning run coincidential with Jack coming back as the finished article.

For me, he is the difference between a win and a draw.....such is his influence.

Yes my point was really that reading a few comments it looked like we had been decimated but there’s only 2 missing from the winning team of just two weeks ago.

I agree he has a big influence but it’s the Championship, not Champions League, we shouldn’t - and don’t, in my view- need our best player every time we turn out.

Wednesday are average, they’ve got players out, we’ve got plenty of able players.

We need to select the right ones and have the right approach, it’s that plus good opposition plus all runs have to end more than missing Jack that has caused the poorer outcomes in the last two games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don’t share that view.

If I did I would say that is a damning indictment of Steve Bruce, that after a year and a half we are dependent upon Jack to Win games.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

?

Absolutely Terry I agree but they are two very very big players and I agree it shouldn't cause any panic as we should have equal players to step in, sadly we haven't and this is where the issue lies Terry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely Terry I agree but they are two very very big players and I agree it shouldn't cause any panic as we should have equal players to step in, sadly we haven't and this is where the issue lies Terry.

I think we have plenty players would get in many squads. I’m not sure the response by Bruce to these 2 injuries has so far been his finest hour.

At the highest level it is a factor but our next 3 games should be within the abilities of our squad, if we go about things the right way.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yes my point was really that reading a few comments it looked like we had been decimated but there’s only 2 missing from the winning team of just two weeks ago.

I agree he has a big influence but it’s the Championship, not Champions League, we shouldn’t - and don’t, in my view- need our best player every time we turn out.

Wednesday are average, they’ve got players out, we’ve got plenty of able players.

We need to select the right ones and have the right approach, it’s that plus good opposition plus all runs have to end more than missing Jack that has caused the poorer outcomes in the last two games.

We should have enough to beat Wednesday without Grealish and Adomah but the reality is we are not that good a team without them. We can still win. But it won't be pretty. 

• Like 1

Thing is, Brucie could select Elmo, Chester, Hutton, Terry, Snodders, Birkir (Dm), Lansbury, Grabban, O Hare and Hogan.

But I fear we will see Jedi, Hourihane, and Osomah instead of Grabban, O Hare and Lansbury.

I would love to see the more optimistic, aggressive, positive approach.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t share that view.

If I did I would say that is a damning indictment of Steve Bruce, that after a year and a half we are dependent upon Jack to Win games.

Fine

but i think you are reading that quite differently from me.

Jack is the nose over the line......not the race.

We are in danger of drifting back in to our old chesnut Terry.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

Fine

but i think you are reading that quite differently from me.

Jack is the nose over the line......not the race.

I’m just going on your posts saying how key he was, and he is the difference between a Win and a Draw.

I would repeat, if after 18 months the difference between us winning and drawing against Sheffield Wednesday is simply Jack, that is - without question - a damning indictment.

What’s been built, then , if we are so heavily dependent upon one man ?

At the very highest level a World class player can make the difference, but in the Championship ?

As I say, I have more faith in our players and what has been built, I’m quite sure we can win plenty games without Jack, and we will likely start tomorrow.

• Like 3

Â