Semana Cinco

Brumerican

I don't understand.  I just checked the scores and it seems the Broncos scored fewer points than their opponents.  How can that happen?

:trollface:

Season over lol

Mike Shula is a joke though. Thought we'd actually turned a corner under him last year but now it's back to 2014. **** all in the first half, go no huddle/up tempo at the start of the second half, get two touchdowns and then back to slow paced bullshit and we're shut out for the rest of the game. And his choice to throw it when first and goal AT THE ONE instead of running it in was a farce. Three times this year the defense has kept us in it allowing 23, 20 (I think) and last night 17 and the offense just looks terrible. Where's Funchess? It's literally all forced to KB or Olsen. Just all too predictable. Absolutely insipid offensive displays all year apart from the first half vs the Broncos

Edited by Milfner

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Season over lol

Mike Shula is a joke though. Thought we'd actually turned a corner under him last year but now it's back to 2014. **** all in the first half, go no huddle/up tempo at the start of the second half, get two touchdowns and then back to slow paced bullshit and we're shut out for the rest of the game. And his choice to throw it when first and goal AT THE ONE instead of running it in was a farce. Three times this year the defense has kept us in it allowing 23, 20 (I think) and last night 17 and the offense just looks terrible. Where's Funchess? It's literally all forced to KB or Olsen. Just all too predictable. Absolutely insipid offensive displays all year apart from the first half vs the Broncos

From my very limited watching time, seems you're missing JStew who opens Cam up both on the ground in the air, missing Norman and the weirdest one for me is the total lack of pass rush. Wtf happened? I thought the pass rush made the secondary as good as it was last year? How is it not generating any pressure now?

53 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

From my very limited watching time, seems you're missing JStew who opens Cam up both on the ground in the air, missing Norman and the weirdest one for me is the total lack of pass rush. Wtf happened? I thought the pass rush made the secondary as good as it was last year? How is it not generating any pressure now?

Oh absolutely. The run game was alright last night tbf (probably because the Bucs were missing half a D-line but yeah). I think it worked because it was a more bread and butter run game and the option confuses Artis-Payne especially. When Cam and Stew play it's great. The amount of time them two can hold the ball in the meshpoint is part the reason why the run game kills a fair amount of our opponents.

We've not had a pass rush (from the edge anyway) since Hardy left. It's a myth. Short was a monster inside last year but other than that we had nothing. There was about a six or seven game stretch in the middle of last season where we didn't get a sack from any four of our ends, we only really have a bunch of run stuffers. The corners have played reasonably well (bar Atlanta obviously). Also moving Kurt Coleman into strong safety was ludicrous, the lack of strong safety is pretty damning right now.

Edited by Milfner

3 hours ago, Milfner said:

Season over lol

The strangest thing is that before the silly throw from the 1 yd line the previous 4 running plays were all pretty long !

7 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The strangest thing is that before the silly throw from the 1 yd line the previous 4 running plays were all pretty long !

Absolutely. It was just the Superbowl (Seahawks - Pats, obv) all over again. Time and downs obviously not an issue. We ran it from the one on fourth down for a touchdown in the quarter previous. I get it would've been an obvious play but just run it up the **** gut ffs, the o-line was dominating all game

Edited by Milfner

Â