Aaron Hughes a Good/Bad Signing?

Jez

Aaron Hughes Good/Bad Signing?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Aaron Hughes Good/Bad Signing?

• Good
    • Bad

I only notice oposition players if they stand out,and i can't say i've notice him in games against the Toon.But after watching virtually the same line up for almost two seasons it has to be good doesn't it?Two players in a week amazes me!

I must admit that, for all his 'dullness', I've found myself wishing that we could have signed him last summer.

:?

Is that an admission that we didn't have enough defenders (esp Centre Backs) going into the start of the last campaign as I and quite a few others argued and you on the other hand BW disagreed with? :shock: :lol:

Lets be honest we need cover for Mellberg and Laursen and someone to push either JLS or Delaney for a starting role. If Hughes can cover either of these roles for cheap bucks that leaves more money for more high profile signings.

Ridgewell isn't quite ready yet although I think he will get there.

Hughes will be a good sub to cover all back four positions which leaves the other three outfield subs covering midfield or attack.

What's the point in saying he's bad or good - never seen him play

I doubt you've ever seen Ronaldinho in the flesh but I guess you'd think he's a good signing.

I've seen Hughes and never taken much notice but just because of all the comments from toon fans I have to say good signing. Better than Bellamy would be, espeially for 1m, same we paid for Kinsella wasn't it, and half the price of DLC.

Is that an admission that we didn't have enough defenders (esp Centre Backs) going into the start of the last campaign as I and quite a few others argued and you on the other hand BW disagreed with?

Yup. Then again, we did lose all three centre backs to over three months of injury at least each. And I did think, considering the Czech games I'd watched, that Drobny might force his way into contention.

So, with those two caveats in mind, we didn't.

Can't see how this signing can be considered as anything other than good.

250 1st team appearances for the Toon.

40 international caps.

European experience.

Can play anywhere along the back four.

Hardly ever injured.

Always gives 110%.

Only 25.

Only cost £1-1.5m.

Seems like a cracking signing to me. Let's hope some of our 'fans' give him more of a chance the Djemba X2 got when he arrived.

McCann-2m, Sorenson 2m, Solano 1.5m No need to go on is there D O'L has a greaat record at getting good proven players on the cheap the man knows the premiership well. It remains to be seen if he is as good at spending Dougs pot of gold(if it exsists). Because he now has some more choice i think this will be a more difficult summer for David he has to spend this money well because the Leeds situation will always crop up if he signs the wrong players!

my mate's a geordie and he's gutted that we've got him, he says the man never puts a foot wrong, solid and gives 100% every match....the kind of player every team needs, basically another mccann for our defence, ideal!!!! i've scouted round a few message boards too and every geordie fan feel the same as my mate, gutted that he's leaving......think we got ourselves another bargain!!