Jump to content

A light-hearted review of our opinions on Dr Tony Xia


VillaBrum
 Share

Have your feelings changed towards Dr Tony Xia's takeover, since 14 Jun 2016?  

74 members have voted

  1. 1. Did you welcome Dr Tony Xia, at the beginning?

    • Yes
      68
    • No
      5
  2. 2. Since reading the blogs in Villa Talk’s Tony Xia topic, have you retained your original thoughts?

    • Yes
      65
    • No
      8
  3. 3. Will you still care about Dr Tony Xia’s wealth, as long as the performance and results improve dramatically?

    • Yes
      18
    • No
      55

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

Just for fun, I thought it might be an idea to find out if our initial views towards our new owner have changed, since his takeover. His unique method of communicating with the fans, together with unanswered question of how much he is worth, may have caused a change of view with a lot of fans.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

I can't answer number 3 as it presumes that I currently care about his wealth. I don't.

(I've set the poll to close in a week.)

At the beginning his wealth seemed to dominate most thoughts. Thankfully, we have moved on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

I care about his wealth insofar as we will need it and his willingness to use it when we go back to the Premier League if we're to have any realistic* hope of being competitive or relevant again.  His wealth is also linked to his legitimacy, because he came in on the assurance that he is very wealthy, so if it was to come out that he wasn't, then that would be a black mark against him.  I don't think it will come out that he's not, fwiw, but for me to try and say that I don't care how much money our new sugar Daddy has would simply not be true.  Of course I do !

 

* i.e. excluding any one-off Leicester-esque heroics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not going to vote on this, but I would really like to see the outcome. 

 

Even more interested in knowing the answer to the following question:

1) If you are not happy about Xia's approach (whatever it means to you) now (by 5/8/2016), will you change your mind if:

A) Xia spent huge net transfer money this window and the winter one

B. Xia better manages his twitter account.

C) Aston Villa achieving this season better than what you predicted (no matter what it is, based on what you measured using how club was run before)

D) Aston Villa play beautiful football (the football you enjoy most, no matter what it is) this season but fail to get promotion

E) Aston Villa get promotion at the end of this season

F) No, I like to be skeptical and pessimistic no matter what, I think this is important to have this attitude among the fans.

 

 

it is perfectly fine to be any of these. I just would like to gauge, in order to make fans happy, what Xia need to focus on. 

Thanks,

(Sorry VillaBrum, I don't mean to hijack your post - I just don't think it is necessary to post another poll. But feel free to delete my post if you don't think it is appropriate.:))

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I am not going to vote on this, but I would really like to see the outcome. 

 

Even more interested in knowing the answer to the following question:

1) If you are not happy about Xia's approach (whatever it means to you) now (by 5/8/2016), will you change your mind if:

A) Xia spent huge net transfer money this window and the winter one

B. Xia better manages his twitter account.

C) Aston Villa achieving this season better than what you predicted (no matter what it is, based on what you measured using how club was run before)

D) Aston Villa play beautiful football (the football you enjoy most, no matter what it is) this season but fail to get promotion

E) Aston Villa get promotion at the end of this season

F) No, I like to be skeptical and pessimistic no matter what, I think this is important to have this attitude among the fans.

 

 

it is perfectly fine to be any of these. I just would like to gauge, in order to make fans happy, what Xia need to focus on. 

Thanks,

(Sorry VillaBrum, I don't mean to hijack your post - I just don't think it is necessary to post another poll. But feel free to delete my post if you don't think it is appropriate.:))

Deisler, The following is my own response to your question. I hope it starts others to give their own views.

               

                                                                                                                                             Importance out of 10

 

A   He could spend £1 trillion and still buy a load of rubbish, although he

      could obviously be lucky and buy a gem or two. However, I don’t                                             2/10

      think the amount of money he spends is important – it’s  how he

      spends what money he is prepared to.  

 

 

B  Although he appears to be a little naïve with how he handles                                            1/10

    his Tweets, this doesn’t concern me too much. He may have well set                 

    a trend for other owners to follow!

 

C/D/E  My expectation is a 9-12 finish. If we finish higher,

            play beautiful football/get promotion, these could well be

            attributed to RDM’s management. Therefore, I would not necessarily                         7/10

            think better of Tony Xia. I would, however, give him bonus points for

            appointing RDM in the first place.

 

F    This is a non-starter, for me.                                                                                                         0/10

 

I couldn’t give any score of 10/10, as I feel the owner is only part of the equation (a

major part, obviously, but other Officials also have an impact on the team’s

performance and results.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many thanks to everyone who gave their votes. :)

The Poll was never intended to be more than a casual look at the current opinions of Tony Xia - there were so many differing opinions of him on Villa Talk, it was difficult to fathom if people actually wanted/did not want him. The purpose of this thread was to try and  ‘see the wood for the trees’ by asking these questions.

52 Members voted – their current views are summarised as follows:-

94% originally wanted him against 6% who didn't.

84% have kept their original thoughts against 16% who have had their opinions changed by Villa Talk’s Tony Xia thread (I didn't ask which way their thoughts had changed - not really an important point, for this Poll's purpose).

80% will not be concerned about how much money Dr Tony Xia has available against 20% who will still worry about how much he is worth, if our performance and results improve dramatically, from previous seasons.

So…. at this moment in time, the majority who voted are happy with our new owner.  Personally, I would hope that this reflects the opinions of the  total Villa Talk membership. UTV  VTID

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Was quite uncertain at first, especially because of RDM as part of the package and the question marks about the source of funds, but both men have pleasantly surprised me. He is outspoken in the right way, and RDM seems very astute.

i am enjoying the siege menality he is creating, he is jumping in with both feet which is great, I think a bit more of this all round the club will help us create some spirit and loyalty, it is something we certainly didn't have under Lerner for the past few years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, VillaBrum said:

Many thanks to everyone who gave their votes. :)

 

The Poll was never intended to be more than a casual look at the current opinions of Tony Xia - there were so many differing opinions of him on Villa Talk, it was difficult to fathom if people actually wanted/did not want him. The purpose of this thread was to try and  ‘see the wood for the trees’ by asking these questions.

 

52 Members voted – their current views are summarised as follows:-

 

94% originally wanted him against 6% who didn't.

 

84% have kept their original thoughts against 16% who have had their opinions changed by Villa Talk’s Tony Xia thread (I didn't ask which way their thoughts had changed - not really an important point, for this Poll's purpose).

 

80% will not be concerned about how much money Dr Tony Xia has available against 20% who will still worry about how much he is worth, if our performance and results improve dramatically, from previous seasons.

 

So…. at this moment in time, the majority who voted are happy with our new owner.  Personally, I would hope that this reflects the opinions of the  total Villa Talk membership. UTV  VTID

 

A few others have since voted! – thank you.

The Poll is now closed.

Final results:-

74 members voted.

93% originally wanted him. 7% didn’t.

89% kept their original thoughts. 11% didn’t.

75% will not be concerned about Tony Xia wealth. 25% shall be concerned.

Slight movement increasing the negative vote, but still a large majority of support for our new owner.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/08/2016 at 16:40, Deisler123 said:

I am not going to vote on this, but I would really like to see the outcome. 

 

Even more interested in knowing the answer to the following question:

1) If you are not happy about Xia's approach (whatever it means to you) now (by 5/8/2016), will you change your mind if:

A) Xia spent huge net transfer money this window and the winter one

B. Xia better manages his twitter account.

C) Aston Villa achieving this season better than what you predicted (no matter what it is, based on what you measured using how club was run before)

D) Aston Villa play beautiful football (the football you enjoy most, no matter what it is) this season but fail to get promotion

E) Aston Villa get promotion at the end of this season

F) No, I like to be skeptical and pessimistic no matter what, I think this is important to have this attitude among the fans.

 

 

it is perfectly fine to be any of these. I just would like to gauge, in order to make fans happy, what Xia need to focus on. 

Thanks,

(Sorry VillaBrum, I don't mean to hijack your post - I just don't think it is necessary to post another poll. But feel free to delete my post if you don't think it is appropriate.:))

Deisler,

I know that you were interested in the results - I have summarised the final results below. It is only a small percentage of Villa Talk members, so nothing conclusive can be made from the figures.  However, have you any thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Deisler,

I know that you were interested in the results - I have summarised the final results below. It is only a small percentage of Villa Talk members, so nothing conclusive can be made from the figures.  However, have you any thoughts?

I guess what was shown from the poll data was pretty much what we expected.

Most wanted a change (from Lerner), most care about the actual match results than who Xia is.

Xia will have a hard time if the team cannot stay in the play-off region by the end of September. His best move is to take as much pressure as he can from RDM and the team, ofc in a proper way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As long as Xia backs Di Matteo in the transfer market, then I don't think fans will turn on him, even if the team performs badly. In that scenario it would be Di Matteo who would come under pressure. But I think we'll be fine there too, as I think Di Matteo will do fine.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I guess what was shown from the poll data was pretty much what we expected.

Most wanted a change (from Lerner), most care about the actual match results than who Xia is.

Xia will have a hard time if the team cannot stay in the play-off region by the end of September. His best move is to take as much pressure as he can from RDM and the team, ofc in a proper way.

I agree. With regard to your last sentence, I agree with Useless that Tony must back RDM. However, if RDM makes errors in his judgement with his selection of new player transfers, some pressure could be put on our owner by some of the fans - "He appointed the wrong Manager"; "He didn't provide the funds"; "He must be getting involved with transfer selection" etc. We have already seen how this negativity can escalate with Lerner.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â