The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

On 27/08/2023 at 03:00, mjmooney said:

one of my all-time favorites, spectacular live band. Saw their next-to-last show in 1989, still sad that they have not reunited. They’ve all been successful post-breakup, especially Bela Fleck & Sam Bush, but nothing would top a NGR reunion

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Seeing him in about 10 hours, would be great to get this one or Visions of Johanna

I was a big fan of The Soft Boys. Saw them in a club in the early 80s. Hitchcock is (like me) a huge Dylan fan. 

Edited by mjmooney

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was a big fan of The Soft Boys. Saw them in a club in the early 80s. Hitchcock is (like me) a huge Dylan fan. 

Same, though I am probably more into his solo career. Also a massive Dylan fan here. He has done so many epic Dylan covers over the years (Visions, Desolation Row, Senor, Baby Blue, Not Dark Yet). Feel pretty good about hearing one tonight, just a matter of which. He’s also been known to bust out a Grateful Dead cover when playing Bay Area/Nor Cal, so 🤞

• Like 1

The theme to the Fall Guy film. Regardless of my opinion of Blake Shelton, this is far weaker than the Lee Majors original, the production isnt great and makes me wonder why they didn’t just use the original. See also Footloose. 

On 19/05/2024 at 08:12, Seat68 said:

The theme to the Fall Guy film. Regardless of my opinion of Blake Shelton, this is far weaker than the Lee Majors original, the production isnt great and makes me wonder why they didn’t just use the original. See also Footloose. 

Yeah. The original feem toon was superb. They've kept the music but basically changed almost all of the lyrics, which makes it kind of shit.

OK, they probably needed to update a few of the references from the original, as the audience of today might not know who farah fawcett, Bo Derek etc are / were. 

But other than that, they've unnecessarily butchered it. 

• Like 1

The lyrics were also very much of their time and a little bit chauvinist. So I guess I can see a problem there too. 

"I never spent much time at school, but I've taught ladies plenty". 

🤣

Â