s6 screen protector

adw95

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I've never had a screen protector for any phone I've ever owned.  I'm not entirely sure they are anything other than snake oil. 

I think it depends on the phone.

My Galaxy S3 screen was scratched to shit by the time I got rid of it (about 18 months after buying it).

I never treated it particularly badly, but it just picked up scratches from anything. I couldn't even tell you what from, I never dropped it or did anything that would make me think it would get scratched.

I don't treat my Nexus 5 any differently. I had a screen protector for a bit, but haven't had one on it for about a year and it's still spotless. 

12 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I've never had a screen protector for any phone I've ever owned.  I'm not entirely sure they are anything other than snake oil. 

I tried one once for about 2 days. Never even thought about it again.

I use a tempered glass screen protector and flip cases.

I've drooped my phone several times and it's still in pristine, as new condition as a result of the protection offered by both case and screen protector.

Most notably I dropped my phone on its corner from shoulder height on tiles, the screen protector shattered as well as the plastic case. Phone was fine. It certainly wouldn't have been without both.

The only downside is that the screen is more reflective in bright sunlight.

The only reason I want (and have now got) one was to avoid scratches that tend to occur from general use. Something as trivial as taking it out of my pocket and it sliding on the eyelet type things on the pockets could scratch it... I don't like flip/cover cases so that's out of the question.

The one I have is a bit shit though, screen looks less clear and has got a lot of dirt on now.

Â