Weekends football 18/20 September

andykeenan

Think positive my friend. 4 games unbeaten at Shamfield, Adama and Gana probably back, Benteke probably out.

All it takes is that morale boosting derby win midweek, and a bit of confident football ala Leicester 1st half and we might be laughing by this time next week.

I refuse to accept it will continue like that atrocious game yesterday :D

• Like 1

The cup semi remains Tim's finest hour, he got it spot on that day.

We certainly have a good psychological belief against Liverpool (apart from of course at VP) so if we don't concede early we could grow into the game and get something although the last couple of games don't fill me with much confidence.

Another great win for Dortmund, 3 up v Leverkusen.

I have to say in terms of following a legacy, they got it spot on appointing Tuchel to follow Klopp. I think they'll push Munchen very close this year.

Aubayemang has also stepped up as a player last year, can see him playing for one of the top teams in europe before too long.

Sometimes you have one of those moments where the scale of the difference between the haves and the have-nots really hits home. The MOTD commentary mentioning the personnel Manchester United had on their bench today was one of them. 

I hate watching such terrible sportsmanship. It cheapens the game. Ugh.

He and Mourinho can both go back to Spain where that sort of thing is 'clever'.

Portugal.

It's the national characteristic of Portuguese football. The English huff and puff inelegantly, the French posture to little effect, the Scottish are gallant, the Germans ruthlessly efficient, the Portuguese cheat. That's how it works,

I remember Porstmouth playing BRaga in the Europa League.

After the game, someone was interviewed and said they couldn't believe how much Braga cheated. They were realistic about it, said they're not pretending that they don't know it's part of the game these days and that all teams do it, but that Braga just took it to another level.

I was there, albrighton shoulder barged hulk off the ball and he went down holding his face, ref gave a free kick, villa players were furious, trouble started brewing, think it was Bruno Alves piled in trying to get him sent off, blatantly said something to emile and he snapped and went for him, my instant thought was racist remark but nothing ever came out

Â