The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Strange that because when was the last time they won in England a series in England. The odds were pretty close for this match but some bookie was offering 9-1 on England at edgbaston.

On matchbook I got a drawn series @ 9.2 and England to win @ 5.4

Edited by PaulC

The one thing I don't understand, throughout this whole series, the aussies have been strong favourites with the bookies, they don't normally get it wrong that many times. Not that I'm complaining mind #chingching

It was just the poor state England were in before the Ashes with Peter Moores again bringing his wrecking ball again.

In fairness after Lords I expect Aussies to go on and comfortably win the series in the manner England have now done.

Just shows you how massive home advantage has now become in the Ashes, England won the last 4 and Aussies 2/3 with two 5-0s so neither team can really play in the others conditions anymore.

credit to England BUT this series from a neutral has been awful, not one Test has been close or even got to a last day. Once again it shows that none of the teams are actually talented enough to win away from home. Australia, England and India all world beaters at home and shit away. Only South Africa are half decent away from home

As an Englishman I am delighted with the result but as a cricket fan I agree with Zatman its been awful. England did win in India last time out though and I think Australia drew in South Africa but batsmen these days seem so limited, good at home crap away. Only Rogers and Warner showed  any capability of playing the swinging ball. Clarke is shot, Smith a flat track bully. Root is no.1 at the moment but it will be interesting how he shapes up in the UAE against Pakistan, where Younis will score runs for fun and they have to face the  leg spinner.

As an Englishman I am delighted with the result but as a cricket fan I agree with Zatman its been awful. England did win in India last time out though and I think Australia drew in South Africa but batsmen these days seem so limited, good at home crap away. Only Rogers and Warner showed  any capability of playing the swinging ball. Clarke is shot, Smith a flat track bully. Root is no.1 at the moment but it will be interesting how he shapes up in the UAE against Pakistan, where Younis will score runs for fun and they have to face the  leg spinner.

As an Englishman living in Australia, it's been highly enjoyable  :D

I think with T20 offering heaps of $$$ and cricketers playing so much international cricket, the players are no longer playing county or Sheffield Shield cricket like they used to. They're not getting the experience of how to play in foreign countries anymore, not learning how to make the most of the conditions.

Punter suggested that they do away with the coin toss and let the away team decide whether they bat or bowl first. Think that could be a good idea. 

It's by far the best idea I have heard, I think it was Botham that suggested it on Sky. There's no chance it'll happen though, the ICC moves at the speed of...

Edited by villa89

the ball thing as well for me could be looked at. Surely ICC should bring in one manufacturer for all conditions though im sure India wouldnt allow that

Has only been 1 away win in 14 years and sort of makes it predictable as I dont think the teams are that far apart in terms of skill level

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure sticking them in looks the best call.

Let's hope the next hour makes me eat my words.

Yeah, Geoffrey was of the opinion he'd have had a bat. Surface looked similar to Trent Bridge though apparently, so they stuck them in. If the openers are still in after lunch, Aus could rack up a big score.

Â