Funds post Bruce phone in

Chief

Do you believe funds are available now?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe funds are available now?

• Yes definately
    • NO! Ellis lies again!
    • Still unsure.....

Sorry, I also voted as unsure because although Bruce impressed me I still keep thinking back into the past. Why should things change now?

but then, everybody including the manager seems to positive.

Call me a big old gullible softy if you like but I believe him. As he said he understands why we are so cynical of the hierarchy at VP... it is him saying it now... trust has to be earned.

Oh yes, some money will be spent in the close season

I'm not swayed yet.

As the saying goes.... in the shirt on the pitch.

I am finding it hard to supress the excitement that is starting to swell now Bruce and Dol have commented on the situation. But then I remember Ellis is still there and calm is restored.

If this cash falls through our club could be up the proverbial creek without a paddle imo.

Call it pedantic, but how is it an Ellis lie when he's not said anything about it?

As was said, trust is earnt - the two people who have said anything are the two with the cleanest slates, the ones with the least amount of distrust to overcome. That alone reassures me, and looking at the postings, a few others around. Seems like a deliberate move to break the news with the relatively popular manager and then back it up deliberately a week later with quite a lengthy break down of what they are doing.

Seems interesting that its also not a simple 'we have money' but its linked in with a strategy. They have a plan - OK, not much revealed to the masses but does it really need to be?

Still unsure, for the simple reason that £lli$ is still there

Agree with this Rob.

In addition I have a feeling that most of the new revenue will be coming, they hope , from increased season ticket prices. So when the season ticket uptake is not as much as they expected they will say....

I think at the end of the day we fans are in a no lose situation, if they spend the dolo then all is good and we may have something to shout about next season.. but if they f/ck up again then surly even the god damn Ellis lovers will remove there lips from his behind? :).. they'v seriously backed themselves into a corner with this one so we'll have to wait and see, allthough i wonder what dol's reaction would be if he'ss being bullshitted?.. that's why i have a little feeling that maybe dougs lost his mind and changes are ahead.. i may not have been dol's biggest fan this season but i think with 20m he may well be able to bring some glory home.

Up the villa

lol yea richard i've decided to hang up the slogan for now :).. i was of the opinion that dol was struggeling to cope with the circumstances of working under Doug i.e lack of funds ect but now with this new found cash they are talking about i figured it would be useless carrying on the fight (and less battles in here aswell) :).. surprised richard?.. i know a certain mod who'll be delighted i've retired :D..

up the villa

Again all about perceptions of substantial funds. It would have been useful perhaps if a number could have been clarified.

"Bruce can you definitely deny the figure is less than the 20mil quoted but is still in the region of X?" or something.

Hmmm lots of unrest and much speculation about not renewing season tickets and suddenly this "substantial spending plan" is hatched an admission that season ticket prices will have to increase (we knew this already in our hearts we can't stay being the cheapo club in the prem forever). That makes me suspicious in itself, as usual ITSOTP. This interview will be the making or breaking of Langhams reputation with the fans, either he comes up with the goods this summer for DOL and he's ok in my eyes, if he fails he gets pushed into a corner labelled "£lies lapdog"

AS usual ITSOTP

Season Ticket renewals up.

A disapointing season.

Time to feed the fans some bullshit, isnt it?

We wont have anywhere near £20m to spend this summer.

lol yea richard i've decided to hang up the slogan for now :).. i was of the opinion that dol was struggeling to cope with the circumstances of working under Doug i.e lack of funds ect but now with this new found cash they are talking about i figured it would be useless carrying on the fight (and less battles in here aswell) :).. surprised richard?.. i know a certain mod who'll be delighted i've retired :D..

up the villa

Are you saying you don't want O'Leary out anymore?

Because of the win at Newcastle?

If we were to lose tomorrow (god forbid) would you want him out again?

Â