What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

You might like this Rob. It has a Beach Boys vibe.

I wouldn't go that far - how much Beach Boys have you heard? :-)

90% but you must admit there's definitely an influence in there.

The Drums are my new favourite band by the way. Nothing new which isn't always a bad thing. Just well crafted, catchy tunes.

Even this?

Student Demonstration Time

Or this?

Or even this?

They weren't really a "surf" band after 1964!

Even this?

Student Demonstration Time

Or this?

Or even this?

They weren't really a "surf" band after 1964!

The Drums aren't really a "surf" band either just that particular track . I love the "rockier" beach boys mate and the The Student Demonstration Time used to be my ringtone for a long while :D

I'd describe The Drums as The Smiths and The Stone Roses played by Bananarama. :D

The Drums are my new favourite band by the way. Nothing new which isn't always a bad thing. Just well crafted, catchy tunes.

I feel let down.

I agree the Drums are good, but not good enough to surpass the Roses!

Well yes.

But The Drums, come on, man.

I like lots of music mate from classical to house to reggae. If its melodical and catchy then I like it regardless of how "cool" they may or may not be . Right now I'm listening to the best of the Beautiful South. Some people would slate me for that but I don't give a shit cause they're **** awesome. And so are The drums !

(Always remember taste is very much subjective. One mans Bach is another's squealing cat !)

Didn't know you were a fan mate. I've seen them numerous occasions live and they never fail to impress.

I've been a fan since I was introduced to them at school ('86/'87).

I think I've posted a couple of links in this thread, Gotta getaway always gets me.

It's the kind of music that makes one want to get up and do something.

I'm not sure whether the story was apocryphal or not but, as it goes, they were responsible for the end of live gigs at the Kiddy town hall as a 'riot' ensued.

Well yes.

But The Drums, come on, man.

I like lots of music mate from classical to house to reggae. If its melodical and catchy then I like it regardless of how "cool" they may or may not be . Right now I'm listening to the best of the Beautiful South. Some people would slate me for that but I don't give a shit cause they're **** awesome. And so are The drums !

(Always remember taste is very much subjective. One mans Bach is another's squealing cat !)

You're right.

I mean, I think Michael Jackson is shit and over rated, and lots of (warped) people on here would disagree

Â