What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

A compendium of themes from Fox's NHL coverage

As far as sports TV music goes, the mid-to-late '90s was the pinnacle (at least in the US).

Fox's MLB theme (as with the NHL themes, somewhat based on the Fox NFL theme... the Fox NFL theme is okay, but I'd kinda like to see Fox go to something new: there's just something so 90s about this)

CBS' college gridiron theme (though I think this is a more mordern mix/arrangement, what with the compressed percussion, it's definitely post-Fox)

(though I try not to listen to this except in March...)

(John Tesh's only worthy contribution to society)

Of those, only the CBS college themes and the Fox baseball theme are still in use... CBS would replace their NFL theme with something a bit more hip-hop (as

attests)... it's probably the best of the current bunch though. When NBC got NFL rights again, they elected to have
and then
butcher a Joan Jett song (and the
is basically self-parody). Meanwhile, the NHL now has crap from
and Versus, while the NBA has had a succession of crap from ESPN/ABC, e.g. this turd.

The Fools - Psycho Chicken

One of the underrated bands to come out of eastern Massachusetts... only issue I have with them, really, is that they proclaim that Ipswich is where the fried clam was invented, when everyone knows that it's from

(most specifically Essex... indeed, I will only eat fried clams within the Town of Essex... even in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Gloucester, or Ipswich, they don't taste the same)

Â