Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£lies to any club anywhere in the world but ours

He's hardly made himself a very attractive proposition has he? 82 year old senile control freak who rarely spends money on a side which has serious potential if the correct investment is made and falls out with most board members and team managers. I can see clubs around the globe shouting sign him up as we speak! :?

Ok, only gone back a few pages in this thread but has David Villa come up yet? Striker at Zaragoza, just called into Spain squad - scored some goals, they only finished 12th last year....

I think the Distin bid is real and think we have made an approach for Phillips in the past but Huckerby and Boa Morte are merely names thrown in IMHO.

Read Bobby Robson's piece in4-4-2 this month and says that he used to give his chairman a list of many players from top target to bottom and used to just work through them. Presumably this is what Ellis is doing for/with DOL at the moment. Wonder who the next name after Distin is?!

What about Jagielka? We have been sniffing around him for a couple of seasons and he is a quality player who could add to our squad. Can't he operate at left back?

there are 2 players over at Juve, Igor Tudor and Nicola Legrottaglie. We have been linked to in the past. Especially at the end of last season - channel 4 seemed to give most information iirc.

However Juve confirmed the signing of robert kovac today so i can see them letting at least one of these two go. Wonder if the distin bid goes down the pan if this is a plan?

V funny Rev!!^^^

the papers are mooting that Spurs are ready to sell Kanoute... If I recall, didn't we try and bid for him and Lampard back in 1999???

Not sure i'd take him now, he's a bit injury prone and seems a right moody sod!! it'd be like signing Collymore again!!!

Ok, only gone back a few pages in this thread but has David Villa come up yet? Striker at Zaragoza, just called into Spain squad - scored some goals, they only finished 12th last year....

And just linked with a move to manure who have apparently told his club they want him

Rodders wrote:

And just linked with a move to manure who have apparently told his club they want him

...which could lead to a certain Mr.Smith being available :winkold: