Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he that sulky? Just because he is a big star you shouldn't assume he would be trouble in the dressing room.

"he is a great professional," said Sacchi.

isnt he leaving a year early from his contract end date and fallen out with his coach simply because hes not playing?

he also refused to come out of the dressing room early in the season because he wasnt playing...

this is a 32 year old who simply hasnt performed for the biggest club in the world and he expects a starting place simply due to his name...

if that isnt sulky then i dont know what is...

in fact, the more i think about it, the more im gald he would never come to us...

this is a 32 year old who simply hasnt performed for the biggest club in the world and he expects a starting place simply due to his name...

Have you watched Spanish football in the past 4 years?! Because if you had you'd realise that before Beckham arrived Luis Figo was the driving force behind Real when they won things! He is class, the only part of your argument that I agree with is the fact that he'll never come to villa!

indeed..

2 to 4 years ago...

im talking about the here and now...

hes 32 now and hasnt performed for the past year or two in arguably a league better suited to his style of play and with definately much better players around him than we have....

and for the past year, despite playing poorly with only glimpses of his talent, hes still expected a starting place and then thrown his dollies out the pram when he didnt get one...

tbh, this is a fruitless discussion.. hes not coming to villa park and i for one am very pleased about that...

Benitez chases £10m Aimar

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has made Valencia playmaker Pablo Aimar his main target this summer.

The Argentine midfielder, valued at £10m, has a good relationship with Benitez - the man who brought him to Europe when he was coach of Valencia - and Aimar would relish a chance in the Premiership.

"Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I can't sort out my future here," said the 25-year-old. "English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I'd have a problem adapting to the Premiership."

Lets go get him! He would be wicked with JPA :>

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has made Valencia playmaker Pablo Aimar his main target this summer.

The Argentine midfielder, valued at £10m, has a good relationship with Benitez - the man who brought him to Europe when he was coach of Valencia - and Aimar would relish a chance in the Premiership.

"Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I can't sort out my future here," said the 25-year-old. "English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I'd have a problem adapting to the Premiership."

I really doubt Aimar knows of the club called Aston Villa, seriously

SNIP

I really doubt Aimar knows of the club called Aston Villa, seriously

seeing how one his former colleagues and one of 'The Magic Trio' plays for us I think he will

Hmm... Valencia want Baros, Liverpool want Aimar - it's not to hard to see a deal in the making there, so let's just cross those two off our shopping list.

As for Figo, I tend to agree with Picasso - I don't think he has the drive left in him.

But I wouldn't mind D'Alessandro or Saviola.

If Everton signs both Forsell and Bellamy I really think we should try and steal Marcus Bent from them, I've always been impressed with him and I hoped that we had moved for him when Everton did. A complete bargin for what I recall only 750 000£ at that time.

Lets face,if we cant attract the big names we just have to try and get the good small names....

Leksand, if they get Forssell and Bellamy (coupled with Dunc & Beattie) I don't think it'll be a case of stealing Bent. I think they'd probably leave him unlocked in a dodgy car park and wait til he was stolen for nothing. I think he's rubbish.

For what it is worth I think Figo's legs have gone. He's lost that edge of pace somebody with his game needs. While I think it would be great if we bought some super South American - it ain't going to happen. We did it once with JPA and Doug had that transfer investigated. D'OL is a traditional manager from the 80's/early 990's who likes British (& Eire) players with foreigners being Scandinavians