Paul Lambert

limpid

What factors???

Style of football, signings, injuries, how the seasons panned out, the fact that this season isn't even over yet.
Good lord, just a string of generic , meaningless excuses lol

You may not agree with me but you don't have to be like that.

So tired of anyone that isn't 100% against Lambert being mocked all the time on here. It's pathetic.

• Like 2

What factors???

Style of football, signings, injuries, how the seasons panned out, the fact that this season isn't even over yet.

So tired of anyone that isn't 100% against Lambert being mocked all the time on here. It's pathetic.

Hang on , style of football, signings? That's down to the manager

"How the seasons panned out" - not sure what that means ??

What factors???

Style of football under Mcleish was boring defensive dire and make us hard to beat. Play for a point and maybe sneak more.

Style under Lambert is.....I don't even know what style we have!!

Injuries - part and parcel for all managers and normally balances out over a season.

Signings - I seem to remember a certain loan signing 3 seasons ago played a massive part in keeping us up so credit were credit due. Other signings seem to upset players more because of the wages and transfer fee as much as the player himself. That's the owners fault.

How season panned out. We just about stayed up both seasons by a few points.

We'll continue this discussion at the end of this one but don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying Mcliesh wasn't a poor manager and didn't deserve the sack. I'm saying there is not that much difference between the two overall.

What factors???

Exactly.

How can anyone continue to defend him? What are you basing your belief on?

2 years, no progress, football getting worse and abysmal home record! What are people looking forward to under Lambert?

I wanted him here, I was over the moon when he arrived but he's clearly not the man we thought he was. The continued defence of him is baffling.

• Like 1

What factors???

Hang on , style of football, signings? That's down to the manager

"How the seasons panned out" - not sure what that means ??

Well, in McLeish's season we started off decent but pretty much got worse and worse from there. Under Lambert we got better towards the end of last season and so far this season we've been good in patches and bad in others, so there's no clear downward trend.

If you don't agree with that then fine, but don't patronise me anymore.

What factors???

Style of football under Mcleish was boring defensive dire and make us hard to beat. Play for a point and maybe sneak more.

Style under Lambert is.....I don't even know what style we have!!

Injuries - part and parcel for all managers and normally balances out over a season.

Signings - I seem to remember a certain loan signing 3 seasons ago played a massive part in keeping us up so credit were credit due. Other signings seem to upset players more because of the wages and transfer fee as much as the player himself. That's the owners fault.

How season panned out. We just about stayed up both seasons by a few points.

We'll continue this discussion at the end of this one but don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying Mcliesh wasn't a poor manager and didn't deserve the sack. I'm saying there is not that much difference between the two overall.

IMO the style under Lambert is better albeit more inconsistent

We've been really unlucky with injuries this season. That doesn't excuse everything that's happened but it plays a part.

McLeish was dreadful in the transfer market. Lambert hasn't been great but IMO he's done a far better job in that respect.

See above for how the season panned out.

• Like 1

Transfer dealings and owners aside, I really couldn't figure out what we were trying to achieve today other than picking up scraps off Holt. Too many games this season we have been sent out an absolute shambles tactically. I'm not even talking real in depth analysis of the game, but basics such as positioning and movement. All of which come down to the manager and his coaching staff. The example today was the Bertrand and Bacuna positioning. Other times this season it has been Weimann and Agbonlahor. Key basics we're not getting right.<br />

<br />

Fulham clearly realised at half time what a poor side we are, just as West Ham did. It's the same mistakes made again and again.

I don't know what's worse. Starting off good and getting shit like McLeish or just being consistently shit?

Seeing Carew today was heart breaking. Wasn't that long ago we had a good team with good players to watch.

Except we're not consistently shit - if we were we would've been down ages ago.

I don't know what's worse. Starting off good and getting shit like McLeish or just being consistently shit?

Seeing Carew today was heart breaking. Wasn't that long ago we had a good team with good players to watch.

What would make you not defend every single thing?

Mantis I know the priority is the league but how can you defend the Bradford debacle last season? If that happened under Mcleish he would be crucified.

Apologies for directing all my posts at you but you seem hell bent on defending Lambert and I find it quite amazing considering how much you were against Mcleish.

Read my posts or don't reply to them at all.

Mantis I know the priority is the league but how can you defend the Bradford debacle last season? If that happened under Mcleish he would be crucified.

Apologies for directing all my posts at you but you seem hell bent on defending Lambert and I find it quite amazing considering how much you were against Mcleish.

What? Where have I defended Bradford? Jesus Christ can people just read my posts?

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that there is tendency towards thinking in black and white on here. Yes I'm defending certain aspects of Lambert's tenure here and yes I don't want him sacked but that doesn't mean I'm willing to defend every single bad thing that's happened.

For the last time: BRADFORD WAS UNACCEPTABLE. I AM NOT DEFENDING THIS.

Edited by Mantis

I had some sympathy for Lambert today. For me we have 4 big players and three of them in Gabby, Benteke and Delph were out today. Thing is though its not just about today is it. The guy has been here for almost two seasons and despite a few very bright performances in the main we have been piss poor serving up some real tripe.

Even his harshest critic would I am sure acknowledge he hasn't been dealt the greatest hand in terms of finances but that doesn't excuse the fact we more often than not can't even do the basics right. The defence for a period this season started to look more solid but now even with Vlaar in it we once again look a complete shambles. Lambert really does not know how to consistently set up a team to get the best out of it and exploit the weakest parts of the opposition. I fear no amount of money to spend can make up for his shortcoming as a coach/tactician.

The voice of reason. On that basis even if we were to have substantial investment on the team Would you want this man in charge of it?

Lerner and Lambert out!

I had some sympathy for Lambert today. For me we have 4 big players and three of them in Gabby, Benteke and Delph were out today. Thing is though its not just about today is it. The guy has been here for almost two seasons and despite a few very bright performances in the main we have been piss poor serving up some real tripe.

Even his harshest critic would I am sure acknowledge he hasn't been dealt the greatest hand in terms of finances but that doesn't excuse the fact we more often than not can't even do the basics right. The defence for a period this season started to look more solid and now even with Vlaar in it we once again look a complete shambles. Lambert really does not know how to consistently set up a team to get the best out of it and exploit the weakest parts of the opposition. I fear no amount of money to spend can make up for his shortcoming as a coach/tactician.

An excellent post.

I totally agree, te defence are still a shambles after 2 years and you hit the nail right on the head, it's the BASICS...sometimes they look like they haven't played in years, let alone played together...the mistakes are so common as well, the same mistakes that we never learn from. We sold Collins and let Dunne (who in fairness was injured a LOT) leave, but they were a damn sight more solid than Baker and Clark seem to be.

For me, I've lost all faith in Lambert taking us forward, every good performance is short lived and we soon fall back into looking like a bunch of clowns. Losing against so many rivals this year is pathetic, you'd think that beating the big guns would make up for it, but our lack of consistency takes the shine of it.

We won't sack him and the entire footballing media think we should...I just hope we don't end up looking (even more) stupid...

Read my posts or don't reply to them at all.

What? Where have I defended Bradford? Jesus Christ can people just read my posts?

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that there is tendency towards thinking in black and white on here. Yes I'm defending certain aspects of Lambert's tenure here and yes I don't want him sacked but that doesn't mean I'm willing to defend every single bad things that's happened.

For the last time: BRADFORD WAS UNACCEPTABLE. I AM NOT DEFENDING THIS.

Fair enough. At least we agree with something.

Obviously it would be an easier job for Lambert if he had more money and better players available, but it doesn't excuse the poor results, poor football and awful home form. Plenty of managers have worked within tight budgets and managed to implement either a watchable style of football - everyone at Swansea, Martinez at Wigan, numerous clubs in the lower leagues (although it is admittedly easier to play passing football when you have more time on the ball, which is the case in those divisions) - or good results - Moyes at Everton, Fulham for most seasons save this one.

In the end, he has spent money, and clearly tried to build a team out of 'young and hungry' players. If you want to win support for such a long term strategy, you need to show signs of progression and ambition. We've seen neither, and people are rightly unhappy with how the club is being run and managed at the minute.

• Like 4

Â