iOS app

limpid

Question

To all iOS users.

I've had this year's extortion email from Apple to renew my developer licence. As you may or may not know, VillaTalk runs at a loss which I make up from my own pocket.

As I don't use my Apple developer licence, or the virtual Mac I also am forced to rent for anything other than uploading the VillaTalk app, I am appealing here for someone, or a group, to sponsor this activity to the value of £100. This will pay for 12 months.

If there is any interest, I'll work out the details. If there isn't the VillaTalk app for iOS will be discontinued in 30 days.

Can't you make it in HTML5?

Would save going through Apple at all and can be cross platform. People only need to add it toe their home screen and it looks and does the same thing...

There is a mobile skin to the site already, if thats what you are looking for

F5rfar9.png

Edited by Tegis

Have to say I don't recall getting a notification via my IOS App.Just noticed this on the main site on my PC. I think the App is much better than using the mobile site and I would be happy to contribute. Doesn't look like you have too much support though.  :( 

I think I'm going to take a different path here.

I've allowed access from the app called "tapatalk" which is what the VillaTalk app is based on. It's available for both platforms from the relevant store (and is likely to appear on other platforms long before a customised VillaTalk app).

I'll probably re-introduce the custom app in the future when the site's revenue is a little more healthy.

The only downside is that people who've donated to the site will see adverts when using the app. There is nothing I can do about that, so sorry for that inconvenience.