iOS app

limpid

Question

To all iOS users.

I've had this year's extortion email from Apple to renew my developer licence. As you may or may not know, VillaTalk runs at a loss which I make up from my own pocket.

As I don't use my Apple developer licence, or the virtual Mac I also am forced to rent for anything other than uploading the VillaTalk app, I am appealing here for someone, or a group, to sponsor this activity to the value of £100. This will pay for 12 months.

If there is any interest, I'll work out the details. If there isn't the VillaTalk app for iOS will be discontinued in 30 days.

Absolutely not. That is for donations for running the site (and removing the ads). This needs to be separate.

No problem Limpid, was just wondering where we could donate through, I wouldn't have a problem doing it wherever.

(I also need to donate using the donate button btw!!!

apple take 30%, as I understand it.

I have no idea how many people use the app, but however many it is, each time someone buys it would bring some funds towards the costs, was all I'm saying. I guess if the numbers are low, then as Leemond says, tbh the full and mobile versions of the site are at least as good on a mobile anyway (IMO)

I asked you this in a PM blandy, but it's a general question.

Can iOS users install an app if I post it somewhere you can download it from? That way I wouldn't need a developer licence or a mac, but it wouldn't be quite as convenient for you guys.

Nearly half the time gone and no resolution. I might be able to avoid the costs of renting a mac, but I've still got to pay £60 for a developer licence.

Any other thoughts? Or does the VT iOS app die here?