Reykjavik or Copenhagen - City Break

Tayls

I'm looking into a city break with the missus and have decided I would like to visit one of these two places as I have always wanted to go to both. (I will go to both, but one will have to wait for now).

Which city would you pick and why?

I've been to both, and they're both worth the visit. Just on the time of year I'd go to reykjavik right now and save Copenhagen for around December time. Depends what you're looking to do though. There's more "city" type things to do in Copenhagen and more scenery in Reykjavik.

But like I say on the feel of the places, Reykjavik in summer - ace. Copenhagen in winter, ditto.

• Like 1

Reykjavik for me personally, although I enjoyed Copenhagen there's just so many things to see and do around Reykjavik. Whichever you choose make sure you take plenty of cash as they're not cheap by any means.

• Like 1

Only been to Copenhagen but agree with blandy, it was lovely when I went in December. Very festive with the Tivoli Gardens and it even snowed when we were there. We took a trip across the border into Malmo as well as it was only 20 mins or so away on the train. 

• Like 1

I also did the train journey to Malmo just to go over the bridge

I thought Copenhagen was a bit meh if I'm honest ,I went in Feb so Tivoli gardens wasn't open so maybe missing the highlight didn't help ... Nice enough place just didn't have enough going on for me , even the mermaid statue is a huge let down

Not been to Iceland but every time I read about it it just looks awesome and I really need to go some time soon

Never been to Reykjavik. I like Copenhagen and Malmo very much cause I live nearby. Don't think you will be disappointed by a weekend in Copenhagen on Stroget and  in Tivoli. You can skip the mermaid statue, nothing to see.

• Like 1

Went to Reykjavic 40yrs ago and it was the strangest experience ever, so would welcome the chance to go again. Copenhagen has always been on the list, although I did go to Oslo once which was soooooooo expensive. Very nice up the fjords, though

Went to Reykjavic 40yrs ago and it was the strangest experience ever, so would welcome the chance to go again. Copenhagen has always been on the list, although I did go to Oslo once which was soooooooo expensive. Very nice up the fjords, though

I really liked Oslo I must admit ... The Kon tiki museum made it for me but so much other stuff to see and do

I've been to both, and they're both worth the visit. Just on the time of year I'd go to reykjavik right now and save Copenhagen for around December time. Depends what you're looking to do though. There's more "city" type things to do in Copenhagen and more scenery in Reykjavik.

But like I say on the feel of the places, Reykjavik in summer - ace. Copenhagen in winter, ditto.

Good summing up Pete

• 4 months later...
Â