Do we hate him that much?

Stethegeez

Will you cheer in the minute silence after Ellis dies?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cheer in the minute silence after Ellis dies?

• Yeah of course, it'll be a day all Villa fans should rejoice for.
    • No, liked or not, he spent most of his life at the club and deserves at least one minute.

Why do you have to do either?

Whatever you think of him, his family doesn't deserve facing disrespect shown to a man who afterall wants the best for AVFC (even if we disagree how).

I won't be hypocritical and stay for a minutes silence. I'll simply turn up a minute late into the game. That's if I'm there, I don't think theres much chance of me keeping my season ticket this year.

I won't be hypocritical and stay for a minutes silence. I'll simply turn up a minute late into the game. That's if I'm there, I don't think theres much chance of me keeping my season ticket this year.

Oh, you're obviously not a real fan then. I'm a bigger fan than you. Why do you even bother supporting Villa?

blah, blah, blah...

You seem to imply he'll die next season. He's got a few decades left in him yet.

People saying he wants the best for the AV that maybe his AV and not ours the sooner he is gone the better thats no disrespect for his family who probably love him dearly,but either way i have him in a double with the pope.

I hate what Ellis is doing to our club, but i don't think any of us should go so far as wishing him dead.

On his death, he will deserve our respect for the following reasons :-

1. Saving the club in the late 60's

2. Selling the club and enabling us to win the league and european cup in my lifetime

I think thats enough to earn my respect, and we should all remember even Doug has a family, how would u feel if people turned up at your Dad's funeral and jeered/cheered during the first verse of Jerusalem !

2. Selling the club and enabling us to win the league and european cup in my lifetime

Eh?.

Do you mean being kicked off the board after a lot of trouble (EGMs etc.) in a case of basically either Saunders goes or Ellis goes? and then selling his shares becasue he lost?

Respect for having to be thrown out for Villa to succeed?

Give over.

As for the minutes silence, I'll wait till it's finished I think, like a lot of others have said.

Despite what people are saying in this thread, I get the impression that the minutes silence will be the loudest one ever, beating the one Robert Maxwell recieved at Derby County

And someone put straight the person that said £lies saved the club in the 1960's, please I'm bored of having to tell History the way it actually was and not the way a certain chairman wants it to be told

And someone put straight the person that said £lies saved the club in the 1960's, please I'm bored of having to tell History the way it actually was and not the way a certain chairman wants it to be told

I am so glad you have said that Bicks...he was part of Pat Mathews Consortium, i believe

I dont like the way he has guided Villa throughout his years in charge, but I dont know anything about Ellis as a person.

I will honour Ellis with one silent minute when he dies...not because I like him as a Chairman at the club...just because he was a Villa supporter.

just because he was a Villa supporter.

Was he??? Bloody hell you live and learn.....

I'll be taking party poppers, balloons, paper hats, jelly, ice cream, cheese and pineapple on sticks, cake etc etc in a hamper to share out during the minutes silence personally, and I couldn't give two Dougs what his family thinks.

Where's Ranting when you need him anyway, got to hear his input on this one :lol:

Â