Kick off times

paulanddonya

Would you prefer football games to kick off at 3pm - Saturday  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer football games to kick off at 3pm - Saturday

• 3pm Saturday kick offs
    • As per now - anything !!

Many (and mostly me) have asked the general about the chance of getting football back to the traditional 3pm Saturday.

The gist is, what Sky want they get - but it would be interesting to see what the actual feelings are of people.

Personally, I believe Skys reasons are flawed - if the arguament is "we play televised games at 4pm Sunday as to stop the televised games interfering with the attendances of other games.

Then

a) Why are all the last games being played at 4pm Sunday, with some televised

B) Why do they now have games that finish at 2.50pm on a Saturday - you'd have to

be bloosy quick to leave your house and get to Villa for kick off unless you lived on

Trinity Road !!

c) same thing for the 5.15 game

As reason a. I can't see the problem with having all kick offs 3pm saturday and just televising two - they are doing it on 13th May so whats the difference !!!

As someone who works shifts, including 1 in 2 saturdays, Sky's kick off times made having a season ticket for 5 years a lot easier.

Can we have the following as well:

brown leather balls with laces again

a really shit pitch at the Baseball Ground

Jimmy Hill running the line

a bird with big tits as the streaker

bananas getting thrown at Mark Walters at Leeds

a Leeds fan getting a wall fall on him at Sty Andrews

Villa winning the third division with the greatest away following ever at Meadow Lane

Alan Ball still with us

fans pissing in other fans pockets

darts being thrown between home and away fans

West Brom having the 3 degrees

everyone remembering the sound of Alex Cropley's leg getting broken

Terry Weir and the battle of the wine gums

takeover battles at Aston Villa

Tiswas on a Saturday morning

Rene and Renato at the top of the charts

George and Mildred

Notts Forest winning the European cup twice

Sadly all other than the streaker are destined for the history books.

I like the current system. I like the idea of not showing live English footie on Saturday afternoons as it is traditionally a day of football and belongs to the true fans. If live games on TV take away from the experience of being a "true" fan then it simply isn't worth it. It also protects the lower leagues. If there is no live football on TV then the gate receipts for local teams is likely to be increased, bearing in mind that gate receipts for the small local teams is their lifeblood (and without the gate receipts would no longer be in existance). I also like the hectic nature of Saturday games, when I can't make a match listen to the days action as it unfolds over all the games (including the lower leagues). Soccer Saturday with the legend that is Jeff Stelling "they'll be dancing on the streets of TNS tonight" is :). The FA are right to have an embargo on televised live games on Saturday afternoons imo.

B) Why do they now have games that finish at 2.50pm on a Saturday - you'd have to

be bloosy quick to leave your house and get to Villa for kick off unless you lived on

Trinity Road !!

c) same thing for the 5.15 game

As reason a. I can't see the problem with having all kick offs 3pm saturday and just televising two - they are doing it on 13th May so whats the difference !!!

It's a fair point but even the idea of watching a game at home is an idea to put people off going to the game in the cold rain, sleet, snow, hail, thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes...

I've said similar in discussions about season tickets and match ticket pricing.

The thing that is the problem with other times is the transport arrangements, for me.

the reason they do it is aruling regarding protecting incomes for clubs in other leagues. Which is on the face of it fair enough. But then they have their midweek games clash with TV games.

I'd like to see the Prem effectively "buy out" this protection and pay non prem clubs "compensation" butthen Prem games be televised on Saturdays at 3 or 4 pm.

I accept that this is currently unrealistic, partly because Sky will always want to spread gaes across as many days as poss, to protect their audiences.

Nevertheless, if the situation doesn't change, then prices are too high. Even at Villa. Me or you as an individual don't matter in money terms, just now, but we will if things carry on as they are.

For all that Man U increased their prices (to pay oof huge debts due to the takeover) it's also the case that Wigan and others will be dropping their prices.

I'm not fussed about the money, because I can't afford it - I can, but because it is just not genuine value, for me.

The odd dissident doesn't matter, but I just think the trend will be for price re-adjustment, over the next year or two, if TV keeps up it's insatiable demands in return for it's huge injection of cash, and it will.

Until I fell ill I hadn't been to a Saturday 3pm (other than the first few weeks of each season and over Christmas) for years because I played hockey on saturdays, so always suited me when games were shifted. Then when I went to uni I only went to away games on weeknights. So as much as some of you hate sky, it works out quite nicely for me.

Â