Eric Cantona arrested for assault in London

The_Rev

Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned for assaulting a man in London on Wednesday.

The former Manchester United star was taken into custody by police following a lunchtime altercation in the city's trendy Primrose Hill area.

It was not known on Thursday whether his victim, who did not require medical assistance, planned to press charges.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "Police were called to Regents Park Road, NW1, at 12.55pm on Wednesday 12th March, following reports of an assault.

"Officers from Camden Borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10694827/Eric-Cantona-arrested-for-assault-in-London.html

Primrose Hill, it's really nice around there too, much more classy than chinning a bloke in Croydon like last time. 

Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned for assaulting a man in London on Wednesday.

The former Manchester United star was taken into custody by police following a lunchtime altercation in the city's trendy Primrose Hill area.

It was not known on Thursday whether his victim, who did not require medical assistance, planned to press charges.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "Police were called to Regents Park Road, NW1, at 12.55pm on Wednesday 12th March, following reports of an assault.

"Officers from Camden Borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10694827/Eric-Cantona-arrested-for-assault-in-London.html

Primrose Hill, it's really nice around there too, much more classy than chinning a bloke in Croydon like last time. 

One of my colleagues was the linesman on that fateful evening. 

Wasn't that the night Bozzy flattened Klinsman?

Yes. I remember getting home from the game and telling my dad that Bossie would be on the back page of every paper in the morning, he told me I should probably check teletext...

He got his moment in the sun with the Nazi salute a few months later though.

I remember at the time thinking, in my youthful innocence, "what's so bad about that?"

To be fair, every time I've been to Croydon I've felt like karate kicking people in the head.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Â