Weekends football 15/16 Feb

andykeenan

They should make the FA Cup winners enter the Champions League qualifiers (as 4th place would), lots of teams would take it far more seriously. However, they probably would never do it because of the Sky 4.

I suggested it a few months back but if you follow it through there's no way it will happen, can you imagine the premier league being happy with little Wigan getting in the champions league?

I really want to make a video compiling of all the penalties he has been given, unreal. There is so much content to go through so its never going to happen, just getting it would be a headache. Hope someone is doing it.

Andy Gray commentating on BT.

Better than Michael Owen anyway.

I've not experienced Mr Gray commentating for a while.....

I'd forgotten quite how much I hate the sanctimonious little prick.

Eat shit Andy Gray............. and shame on BT for employing him.

Oh he's extremely dislikeable, don't get me wrong.

Another dive by Suarez gets awarded with a penalty.

If there was contact, is it a dive?

There was contact but not enough to make him fall.

Simulating contact. Still cheating.

But there was contact. It was still a dive though. Footballing people seem to believe any contact us all that is needed.

I follow a dozen or so journalists, a dozen or so ex footballers and pundits too on twitter and everyone of the journos said it was a pen, whilst 7/10 of the ex pros and pundits said no pen, with a handful saying if there is contact your entitled to go down

that's the grey area, how much contact needs to be made for a player to go down?

I follow a dozen or so journalists, a dozen or so ex footballers and pundits too on twitter and everyone of the journos said it was a pen, whilst 7/10 of the ex pros and pundits said no pen, with a handful saying if there is contact your entitled to go down

that's the grey area, how much contact needs to be made for a player to go down?

Either the contact brings you down or you "go down" - the latter is a dive.

Referees are partly to blame for creating this situation though, because when players don't go down they don't get a pen even though they were hindered. Essentially they make the strikers benefit from diving, and they are punished if they are honest.

Â