Weekends football 15/16 Feb

andykeenan

Here's the obvious problem with football journalism:

59 min: Dear oh dear oh dear. Podolski foolishly taps Suarez’s ankle from behind and the Uruguayan obliges, taking the inevitable tumble. There wasn’t much contact but there was more than enough and Howard Webb points to the spot - though he took so long, it initially looked like he was going to book Suarez for diving.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Random point,

but who's decision would it have been to make swansea play in their purple kit against everton?

Granted I was only watching it at the gym, so the picture wasn't the clearest, but it was pretty difficult to tell them apart, especially from the back.

Surely Blue vs White is better than blue vs purple?!

Can someone please tell me when Football became a non-contact sport? Specifically in the penalty area's?

Really annoys me how people trawl over replay after replay and come to the conclusion that their was a faint touch of a toe on a calf therefore it is a penalty. 

This is not specifically aimed at the game yesterday (as I didn't watch it). Just in general. 

Maybe penalties should be replaced with indirect free kicks in the area to stop this theatrical 'playing' for the decision that the Liverpool front line seem to have down to a fine art.

Can someone please tell me when Football became a non-contact sport? Specifically in the penalty area's?

Really annoys me how people trawl over replay after replay and come to the conclusion that their was a faint touch of a toe on a calf therefore it is a penalty. 

This is not specifically aimed at the game yesterday (as I didn't watch it). Just in general. 

Maybe penalties should be replaced with indirect free kicks in the area to stop this theatrical 'playing' for the decision that the Liverpool front line seem to have down to a fine art.

Meanwhile players wrestle each other at corners or free kicks and nothing happens 

Â