Iphone app stopped working for me?

Kingfisher

Question

Iphone app doesn't work.

iOS 6.1.3 (3GS).

Started crashing after last update, now doesn't work at all.

I get a network connection error message, or just an endless spiny wheel page loading symbol.

My network connection is fine.

I've logged out and in. I've deleted and reloaded. No change.

Edited by Kingfisher

I just tried on the missus 5. Endless spinning icon when I click browse. If I click notification I get a blank page. Nothing in the messages part either. Tried clearing the app-cache (from within the app, dunno any other way) and reinstalled the program. No go.

Android app works fine, and the mobile skin.

Edited by Tegis

Firstly, sorry about not using the correct forums. As stated its got worse, since I'd guess around the time of the latest update. It started crashing occasionally, then more often. Now nothing loads. I'm just using the app, as i always have, and made no changes to my phone during the period. It just stopped working.

I have to go out now, so I can't really respond to any questions tonight. I hope the info helps. If anyone else is having the same issue it might help.

There is another update worming it's way through Apple's interminable approval process which is for various bug fixes and a crashing issue. Does stepping back a version help? I can't advise how to do this sorry, but I know it's possible.

Had I known we had users affected by a crashing issue before I submitted it, I could have ticked the box saying that this was a critical release and that might have speeded things up...

Yeah same for me (ios 7.04 )

Noticed it yesterday but thought it might be me / my phone and thought no more of it..speaking to Drat earlier tonight then confirmed it wasn't just me

Interestingly , if you log off Villatalk from the app , it works ..you can see all the topics and browse them , but obviously can't reply

Second you log back in you just get a blank screen and the spinning icon thingy

I did a clear cache etc but that didn't change anything ...I've a feeling it was working fine after the 2nd jan update so no idea why it suddenly stopped

Notifications of likes / quoted posts come through still but you can't view them in the app

Edited by tonyh29

There is another update worming it's way through Apple's interminable approval process which is for various bug fixes and a crashing issue. Does stepping back a version help? I can't advise how to do this sorry, but I know it's possible.

Had I known we had users affected by a crashing issue before I submitted it, I could have ticked the box saying that this was a critical release and that might have speeded things up...

Me too mine is not working any info when it might be fixed?

As above, Apple are not the quickest of cats when it comes to letting an app through

Yeah stopped working for me too. iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.4 also not working on iPad either.

Same as above says network error, cleared cache, reinstalled etc and no help.

I realise we'll have to wait for the update as you stated above Limpid but just wanted to add my name to list of people struggling

I have the same problem. It seems to relate to my account, Because I can view posts when I am logged out but when I log back in I get the "Network Error" message or the eternally revolving daisy wheel and can't access any parts of the site.

I can still get the mobile site fine (and use as a registered user) but it's not as easy to use as the app.

I am still getting "push" notifications via the app when people comment on my posts but can't then access the comments via the app.

When I try to comment on a post I get "Post Error - The operation couldn't be completed (tapatalk error 2222.)" Just googled that error message and got nothing of any use.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Have no idea how to go back to an earlier version and indeed I don't seem to be able to see any info about the app in the "settings" area of the phone, unlike for most apps.

• Like 1

I could only find Villatalk 2.0.4 on my C drive but managed to install it on my phone and it has the same fault ( as outlined above )

I'm not aware of any recent iOS updates so not sure what that means in the overall scheme of why the app has stopped working

Some form of Login Issue seeing as the app functions when you aren't logged in ??

had a rummage around the interweb and whilst not recent this same issue has occurred on other tapatalk apps ( I think the VT app uses this seeing as I've had tapatalk errors before from the app)

the answer given on the other website was

it's a known issue about the plugin and APP

no idea what that means but maybe it's a clue ?