Civilisation V

StefanAVFC

it sorta went downhill after the original though didn't it

Think it was Civ 4 where you could use culture to take the map , which wasn't as much fun as rocking up on Gandhi's  doorstep with a big army , taking gold to not invade him and then invade him next turn anyway :)

boy i wasted hours of my life playing civ  ... might have to give V a go

Edited by tonyh29

Like others have said, with the two expansions the game just elevates to a completely new level, it's absolutely brilliant. Without them, it's pretty average and very frustrating - very strange AI. 

An absolutely fantastic game though with the expansions, can't recommend it enough. 

• Like 1

I've played every game in the series, although never ventured into the multiplayer bit of it. BNW is great.

Off topic, but I recently got Europa Universalis 4 when it was on sale at Steam, and it blew me away. I like it a lot more than CIV. It took a lot of "Let's Play's" and epic fails to understand it though.

Hmm, I really like Civ 5, liked them all since the original. But it did wind me up when I couldn't work out how to put the rocket parts together and it turned out that because I'd already won a cultural victory I couldn't then make the rockets, even though it let me keep building them.

Then the way that once you are forced into defending yourself against a few aggressors, no **** EVER trusts you again and denounce you on every **** turn.

Interesting that the expansions make it so much better. May get them and have another look.

My kids play multiplayer on it. Son started playing it from 7 and it taught him loads about geography, technology and history.

Â