Rate Lamberts Signings

donnie

Guzan - Hit. Have to give him credit for signing back Guzan...However im sure it was on the advice of the coaching staff already at our club as doubt lambert knew much about him from his limited appreances.

Vllar - okay - isnt the new Laursen, mellberg cult figure we hoped he would be. Awful last year but good this season.

Bennett - Miss - £3 million. Jesus christ.

Luna - Miss - worse spaniard player in the world?! Awful.

Okore - unfair to judge. But why buy an unexperienced defender when it was clear we needed experience.

Lowton - hit. Considering he was only a million. He has been good value for money despite being poor this year.

Westwood - Hit - he has some ability. Again for a million he has been decent despite like lowton being poor this season but good last year.

Bacuna - Miss - 2 good free kicks doesnt make a good player. Awful every time ive seen him

Tonev - Monster Miss - worse player ive ever seen in a villa shirt.

El ahmadi - meh - okay but shouldnt be in the team. Not awful but way to average.

Benteke - Hit - lambert done well here.

Kozak - meh - he not done terribly but clearly not good enough especially not for £7 million.

Helenius - miss - obviously lambert doesnt rate him.

Overall he has brought a load of championship quality players to our club despite spending close to £40 million. Not good enough.

I agree with most of that but would change -

Okore - Was good enough and quick enough to compensate for inexperience - Hit (can't blame lambert or him for the injury)

Vlaar - I rated this guy since he always made the difference in our defence when he played and a player we desperately need - Hit

Bacuna - Think he could be good in other positions, definitely no full back though - Undecided

Kozak - Main problem was buying Helenius AND Kozak, what is with that?? If the reported 4-5mil fee is true i would edge towards maybe a hit

Can't argue with the rest though.

Guzan, Vlaar and Benteke look his only genuinely good signings now. Okore will probably prove to be also but I can't presume he will. 

The rest range from average to outright dire. 

• Like 1

Guzan, Vlaar and Benteke look his only genuinely good signings now. Okore will probably prove to be also but I can't presume he will. 

So the more expensive ones are some of the best. No shock there, (14m for those combined).

12 players remaining.. 26m spent, averaging around 2.1m each, you don't buy quality for that.

So the more expensive ones are some of the best. No shock there, (14m for those combined).

12 players remaining.. 26m spent, averaging around 2.1m each, you don't buy quality for that.

And Laudrup has spent around £39m on 19 players, averaging £2m each. Also, what about his £7m marquee signing this summer? 

I would say Bennett and El Ahmadi have been Lambo's worst signings. Bennett looked nowhere near good enough last season- is he now injured or just forgotten? El Ahmadi has not convinced me at all. Too lighweight and too simliar to Westwood, who I rate higher though has been off the boil off late.  Bowery is a mystery to me as well. As for the new guys it is a bit early to write them off, but Tonev has looked 90% useless since he has been here. Luna has a funky chant but since his exciting debut has been poor.  It's stating the bleedin obvious, but we are desperate for some quality signings in midfield and in defence. A few good players could raise the other lads play as well. If not we are in a struggle yet again. If we went to Manchester City and asked very nicely for Lescott and Rodwell loans in January that would help a lot.

And Laudrup has spent around £39m on 19 players, averaging £2m each. Also, what about his £7m marquee signing this summer? 

Think you will find Bony was closer to the £13-15mill range. Dreadful.

He didn't have to rip a team of high earners apart and live on a bottom three wage budget, did he?

Not every signing will be great especially if you have the budget Lambert currently has. He has to take a few risks with signings.

Couldn't he have taken a risk on our youngsters then rather then other club's youngsters? He could've then actually spent his money on trying to improve the first team. 

• Like 2

Not every signing will be great especially if you have the budget Lambert currently has. He has to take a few risks with signings.

Couldn't he have taken a risk on our youngsters then rather then other club's youngsters? He could've then actually spent his money on trying to improve the first team. 

Baker and Wiemann are two problems for us right now, we don't have fantastic youth players as some think.

His wage budget has been no higher then ours. 

No chance we would ever go spend money on a Bony and I bet Michu was signed on a higher wage than any of our players last season.

I think our budget is above Hull... other than that I think there are "smaller" clubs who spend more.

Baker and Wiemann are two problems for us right now, we don't have fantastic youth players as some think.

Not fantastic no.  But our youth could have been used, saving money to get 'better quality' elsewhere.  Using Grealish instead of Tonev,  Having Burke, Drennan or Robinson on the bench, instead of Bowery or Kozak for example.  Although I think Kozak has a decent record, just doing this would have saved close to £8-10mill. To sign that 'Van Der Vaart' type signing which excites the fans and wins you games.

Â