Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Can we stop talking about our difficult start now?

Another Yuletide embarrassment, the bloke has had enough chances and needs to go immediately.  Utterly bereft of ideas and ability, he's much worse than even McLeish, which is about the only thing of note that he's achieved.

Anybody who makes claims that any manager is worse than McLeish is grossly exaggerating, is clearly far too emotional to think clearly and losses any argument immediately.

Do you think the football we are playing is better than anything we played under McLeish?

Are you talking about over the last 5 games, or the last 50 games?

McLeish had done nothing to prove he could put together a decent side whereas Lambert guided us to safety last season in what was always going to be an incredibly difficult season. The football for the last few months has not been of a good standard but it was similar last season when we were losing 8-0, 4-0 and then turned it around in the new year.

People are over-reacting to the latest blip. I'm not surprised, it's the nature of most football fans but changing the manager won't change the fortunes for us... only changing the owner will do that.

This is wholely Lerners fault, not Lamberts.

Oh do get over yourself old boy.  The only "blip" has been the odd game where we've actually looked remotely look a football team.  Lambert has turned us into the worst footballing side in the division, so yes, he is worse than McLeish.  Lambert's whole tenure has been an unmitigated disaster, and it only seems to be getting worse.  A year and a half in, and he's bought a whole load of dross for £40m+, and has shown a level of ability to coach them into an effective unit that would embarrass an under sevens dad.

This isn't a debate about McLeish vs Lambert, however McLeish had no "blips" at all which made us look like a football team, so for Lambert to take over that team and win plaudits during parts of last season for his attack minded, counter attack football is a hell of a damn site more than McLeish ever did for us so any talk of McLeish being better is simply emotions talking and not sense.

Anyway, I'm not pro Lambert or against Lambert, I'm ambivalent towards him. Though if Lambert were to leave then who do you suggest could take over and provide us with entertaining and winning football on a shoe budget? I can't think of anyone and some of the names being banded around on this thread are simply laughable.

The reality is that you will find as many failings in Lambert as you would with any other available manager and the only way the fortunes of this club are going to improve is by a change at the very top, not the middle.

Pretty much anyone based on the last few games.

"Last few games" says it all really. And we wonder why the word fickle sticks with the club.

What is clear is Lambert has lost both the players and the fans. 

How is this clear?

Can we stop talking about our difficult start now?

Another Yuletide embarrassment, the bloke has had enough chances and needs to go immediately.  Utterly bereft of ideas and ability, he's much worse than even McLeish, which is about the only thing of note that he's achieved.

Anybody who makes claims that any manager is worse than McLeish is grossly exaggerating, is clearly far too emotional to think clearly and losses any argument immediately.

Do you think the football we are playing is better than anything we played under McLeish?

Are you talking about over the last 5 games, or the last 50 games?

McLeish had done nothing to prove he could put together a decent side whereas Lambert guided us to safety last season in what was always going to be an incredibly difficult season. The football for the last few months has not been of a good standard but it was similar last season when we were losing 8-0, 4-0 and then turned it around in the new year.

People are over-reacting to the latest blip. I'm not surprised, it's the nature of most football fans but changing the manager won't change the fortunes for us... only changing the owner will do that.

This is wholely Lerners fault, not Lamberts.

Oh do get over yourself old boy.  The only "blip" has been the odd game where we've actually looked remotely look a football team.  Lambert has turned us into the worst footballing side in the division, so yes, he is worse than McLeish.  Lambert's whole tenure has been an unmitigated disaster, and it only seems to be getting worse.  A year and a half in, and he's bought a whole load of dross for £40m+, and has shown a level of ability to coach them into an effective unit that would embarrass an under sevens dad.

This isn't a debate about McLeish vs Lambert, however McLeish had no "blips" at all which made us look like a football team, so for Lambert to take over that team and win plaudits during parts of last season for his attack minded, counter attack football is a hell of a damn site more than McLeish ever did for us so any talk of McLeish being better is simply emotions talking and not sense.

Anyway, I'm not pro Lambert or against Lambert, I'm ambivalent towards him. Though if Lambert were to leave then who do you suggest could take over and provide us with entertaining and winning football on a shoe budget? I can't think of anyone and some of the names being banded around on this thread are simply laughable.

The reality is that you will find as many failings in Lambert as you would with any other available manager and the only way the fortunes of this club are going to improve is by a change at the very top, not the middle.

Apart from the 3-1 win at Stamford Bridge this time 2 years ago! To be honest I think the way the majority of Villa fans treated McLeish from the start was disgusting, and that really didn't help his time as manager here. Lambert got much better support from the fans.

Overall, I think Lambert should stay though. We're not spending money like Man City or Chelsea and I think stability is the best thing right now.

So what do you all suggest, we play behind closed doors, and go down quietly.

we are are Aston "****" Villa and deserve better than this.

no way can we accept this.

• Like 2

There is no doubt in my mind....This team needs support, beyond any kind of imagination.

It has gone way, way, beyond criticism, that was games ago, These problems were weeks/months ago, they have been failed to to be addressed.... too late now.

THIS TEAM NEEDS THE FANS LIKE NEVER BEFORE.....Its gone way beyond Blame....we need to stay up.

DEAL WITH THE SHIT LATER...... We need to get behind the lads, despite our later opinions.

• Like 1

There is no doubt in my mind....This team needs support, beyond any kind of imagination.

THIS TEAM NEEDS THE FANS LIKE NEVER BEFORE.....Its gone way beyond Blame....we need to stay up.

DEAL WITH THE SHIT LATER...... We need to get behind the lads, despite our later opinions.

This. 1000% this.

UTV

People said that in 10-11 under Houllier and again under McLeish in 11-12. When did we "deal with it later"?

People said that in 10-11 under Houllier and again under McLeish in 11-12. When did we "deal with it later"?

well I have to agree with that, but when we are sitting in front of someone with leprosy you ain't going to discuss their belated "in growing toe nail "are you.

we are in serious troubles....can we at least deal with what is in front of us and then have the intelligence to say what plans are in place to not repeat this.

Ronald Koeman would do me. Has done very well and has taken Feyenoord as far as he can I believe. Would relish managing in England.

Benfica and Valencia says hello. Ok maybe he has learned from that.

I'd like to think that he has. I believe it would help that we are a team he can build on rather then a team with instant expectations like those two were. He did win the Cup at Valencia though, not that it excuses their final league position.

Ronald Koeman would do me. Has done very well and has taken Feyenoord as far as he can I believe. Would relish managing in England.

Benfica and Valencia says hello. Ok maybe he has learned from that.

I'd like to think that he has. I believe it would help that we are a team he can build on rather then a team with instant expectations like those two were. He did win the Cup at Valencia though, not that it excuses their final league position.

Liked him as a player also but I have read some horror stories from those clubs, if I just could remember them…ah well he is better than McLeish ;)

I highly doubt that any manager with money to spend would've gone for Simon Bleeding Dawkins.

Doing pretty well at Derby. I'd rather see him in our team instead of Bowery, Weimann or Tonev.

But yeah with money to burn and relegation looming you'd look elsewhere I agree!

Heard on WM earlier that Lambert was offered 15 million last January but refused to spend it. Anybody know if there is any truth in this?

I heard this on WM to - completley contradicts anything Ive ever heard about last winters dealings. - From vague memory it was reported he had £10M to spend last jan - but was then told there was next to nothing.

Is sacking the manager the answer? Well, no. Simply because I can't think of a single manager who we could attract who would do a better job.

In fact, I never thought i'd say this.... But Schteeve Mclaren is the only half decent manager I think we could attract. And could he do any better? Feck knows. 

That's how bad we've become...Steve **** Mclaren :lol:

Is sacking the manager the answer? Well, no. Simply because I can't think of a single manager who we could attract who would do a better job.

In fact, I never thought i'd say this.... But Schteeve Mclaren is the only half decent manager I think we could attract. And could he do any better? Feck knows. 

Steve McLaren?..who quite possibly have a better team at Derby?

Steve McLaren?..who quite possibly have a better team at Derby?

Well I doubt they are better. But yeah, we're ever so slightly a bigger club than Derby.