Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

There is no one within our ridiculously small budget that could improve us.

We either get serious about being a Premier League team or offer League One fees and wages and eventually drop down to League One

Hughes isn't doing too bad at Stoke with very little money to spend while at the same time changing their style of football.

A completely ridiculous statement to say that no one else could do better on the same budget. 

Fair enough but they are in a much better position than us at the minute with a far superior squad

They're actually one position below us, I guess it depends on what his relationship with Lambert is like. 

Still, isn't Pilkington a winger?

And that should tell you all you need to know about the state of the club and why we're in this mess.

And why giving Lambert stick is ludicrous.

No it certainly isn't.

His performance so far has been woeful. Broken all the wrong records and presided over 15 wins in 55 games while making our squad worse than under McLeish. We've even got the worst record scoring at home in all four divisions.

Criticism of Lambert is just as valid as that of Lerner.

Is it really far superior though? If they're squad is so better how come we've been above them all season?

In my opinion, it is, Redmond, hooper, van wolfswinkel, hoolahan and fer would all walk into our team

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Is it really far superior though? If they're squad is so better how come we've been above them all season?

And their GD is -8 worst than ours, mental considering how rubbish our defence is according to many people!

1. We're a bigger club than Norwich

2. We're in a better position than Norwich

3. Past/current relationship with Lambert 

4. Current deal coming to an end

Those are the reasons I guess that Pilkington could potentially want to come to us, but whether or not the link is true is a different story. Quite easy to link us with Norwich players who Lambert bought for them in the first place I guess.

In my opinion, it is, Redmond, hooper, van wolfswinkel, hoolahan and fer would all walk into our team

Van Wolfswinkel? I certainly wouldn't start him ahead of Benteke or Kozak.

But still, if their squad really is that much better than ours then how come we've been ahead of them all season?

But still, if their squad really is that much better than ours then how come we've been ahead of them all season?

They've bought a lot of new players and they are still acclimatising, I think they will finish above us comfortably Edited by sir_gary_cahill

They've bought a lot of new players and they are still acclimatising, I think they will finish above us comfortably

And we aren't?

• Like 3

Pilkington is a left winger right? Maybe a left winger would be an alternative to bringing in a centrally positioned attacking midfielder if the fund aren't really there.

I dunno, I guess more and more links will happen as the window gets closer. 

Â