Weather...

Dodgyknees

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'd enjoy it for about a week, then I'd have had more than enough. 

It’s weird how people are so different. I think my scale is out of kilter, because anything below 22C is “cold” to me. Anything above 40 is “on the warm side” and in between those two is “nice”.  I did find working in 48 degrees “a bit uncomfortable”. Living in the north of England is okay, but gimme a better climate and I’d be happier.

14 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Definitely not a ginger! We get  90-100 90+ degree days per year here, sometimes even more 

I pray for Nor-Cal. That's heat to make a cactus welp. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I pray for Nor-Cal. That's heat to make a cactus welp. 

You’d be shocked by how well we thrive in it 🤣 as I said before, it’s dry, so if you have shade (and we do, Chico is called City of Trees for a reason) even 110 can be alright. You just adapt: for example, my wife is a distance runner, so she does her training very early in the day during summer. Same with the plethora of cyclists around here. 

Chico is extremely flat but just to the east are foothills that lead to mountains (we are in the area where the Sierra Nevada range becomes the Cascades), so we can & do escape to altitude when it’s blazing

After living the first 30 years of my life in humidity (NC & TX) I would not trade the higher temps/drier climate we have here. It’s not even close, take the dry heat and not even think twice about it 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I'd enjoy it for about a week, then I'd have had more than enough. 

Yeah but you’d have aircon so could escape if necessary and sleep soundly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I used C to preempt the inevitable complaining 😉

This is just the opening act. Will be extremely warm until around Halloween. At least our weather is extremely predictable 

spacer.png

Pretty warm but it's no 1976.

Phwoar. What a scorcher. 

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Check back in 4-5 weeks. It’s only May 12

It's just a joke.

The UK Summer of 1976 was extremely hot, massively unusually hot for the time. Now most old gammons use it to dismiss global warming and say any heatwave we get is nowhere near as bad as 1976....which has been subsequently beaten a number of times especially in the last 15 years. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's just a joke.

The UK Summer of 1976 was extremely hot, massively unusually hot for the time. Now most old gammons use it to dismiss global warming and say any heatwave we get is nowhere near as bad as 1976....which has been subsequently beaten a number of times especially in the last 15 years. 

I know 👍👍 it’s legendary. You guys were suffering from that while it was the Bicentennial over here 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dry as a bone all day here. Went a bit cloudy and had a couple of patters of rain then back to blue sky again. 

I know they had rain in Acocks Green that's about 2 miles away. Guess we just missed it. 

Mrs Sidcow is still in the garden trying to see the Northern Lights. I don't think they actually exist. Sky is clear, bugger all up there. 

Edited by sidcow

Posted (edited)

Got the four year old to look after again tomorrow. Oh well, at least with this nice weather we won't be stuck inside the house, we can go to the park or just relax in the garden. 

(Checks tomorrow's weather forecast): 

Screenshot_2024-05-13-08-42-31-88_7f8e4923dd550496c51f0343bac29d31.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-13-08-46-58-59_7f8e4923dd550496c51f0343bac29d31.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

Â