Switzerlands Next Generation

Villan4Life

Everyone goes on about Belgiums emerging talent but what about the Swiss. Unbeaten in qualifying and beaten Brazil and Germany in last 18 months!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2455896/Brazil-bound-Switzerland-deserve-recognition-unbeaten-World-Cup-qualifying-campaign.html

Most people know about: Valentin Stocker, Xherdan Shaqiri, Gokhan Inler, Granit Xhaka, 

But they have so many more promising youngsters such as 21 year old Defender ''Fabian Schaer'' who has scored 3 goals in his first 4 internationals!!

I hope Lambert is watching the next gen of Swiss for the next bargain buy :)

ITV news just had them down as a likely pot 1 seed :o

id take that as an England fan

Yup..

• 1 Spain 1513 pts;
  • 2 Germany 1311;
  • 3 Argentina 1266;
  • 4 Colombia 1178;
  • 5 Belgium 1175;
  • 6 Uruguay 1164;
  • 7 Switzerland 1138;
  • 8= Italy 1136;
  • 8= Holland 1136;
  • 10 England 1080;
  • 11 Brazil 1078

Well they played in the group with us and honestly¨, every national teams was sh*t barring them. And even then, they looked under par when I watched them. But they have some interesting players for sure.

Some strong words there. They're not near Belgium's standard but II think they'll surprise a few people next year.

they were brilliant in under 21 in 2011 and played some good football only to be beaten by an even better Spain team, I really like the goalkeeper Sommer he was player of the tournament for me in 2011

Â