Week 2 Git summmm!

BOF

Brady's looked horrific through 2 games. They'll make the playoffs by default, but they're nowhere near genuine challengers IMO.

Even the fastest sports car splutters and farts when it's started cold. You know as well as I do that the Pats haven't hit their stride yet.

I just expected more against 2 really poor teams. They'll no doubt improve, but I just don't see where they can be considered top challengers.

Think it's between the Broncos and Bengals to see who loses in the 'Bowl to the Giants.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Not confident with a few of those at this early point in the season.  Mainly Cincinnati (I always expect Pitt to bounce back), Arizona, Carolina (The Bills were no mugs against the Pats).  Even Tennessee at a strong Houston and, yes, even Denver at the always dangerous at home Giants mightn't be all plain sailing.

You put the $('ers as a win, yet don't even mention it as one you're 'not confident with'

Have you seen 

1) seen Seattle at home

2) seen Seattle ANYWHERE

;)

Edited by StefanAVFC

If anyone watches Baseball you see it all the time, commentators not commentating on the game. 

The national games are normally okay but the local ones are ridiculous especially if the commentary teams team is losing heavily. They think they can go on about anything. I have watched many, many games with no sound just to avoid the nonsensical commentary. 

I just want commentators to commentate on the damn game.

Back to the games. 

I have an interest on Tennessee +9.5 and Detroit straight up. Maybe Houston's dreadful first half-performance was just a consequence of playing away on MNF the first game of the season. Maybe, but 9.5 points seems fairly generous for a Titans side who went to Pittsburgh and handled them well in the first week. What's more both sides are very committed to the run which will likely mean a low scoring game which favours a Titans cover.

I watched most of the Rams-Cardinals game last week and it was a fun game. Bruce Arians has to be the most fun coach in the league. Carson Palmer is going to throw the ball downfield a lot but is also going to get sacked a lot and intercepted a lot. I'm going forward with the premise that Detroit are a very good team though, I'm not sure how good they are but they're good enough to get to Carson Palmer a lot on Sunday and I don't have enough faith in him to look after the ball. 

On the other games, Cowboys-Chiefs is interesting. I think that game will be illuminating in terms of how good the Chiefs are. 

And obviously, Niners-Seahawks. I really have no idea what to expect on that. Presumably it will be close but both sides can win with offence and defence. I would guess that whoever wins the other team will take revenge in the return game. 

That's the way baseball (and cricket for that matter) is, though.

(Did you mean to post that in the "things that piss you off that shouldn't" thread?)

I guess so but it's amazing how much bad commentary there is on sports and nothing gets done about it. 

It's not hard for a tv executive/producer to look on twitter or read sports forums and find out how disliked certain commentators are by the public. 

At least with cricket the commentators don't feel a need to talk constantly. Obviously this is a radio trait because they can't allow 'dead air' but on tv I just want them to commentate on the game and if nothing interesting is happening then just stay quiet, I thing Cricket is quite good for this, not in the studio but during the game. 

Also, I've gotta say I'm so disappointed in what the Colts have done to Andrew Luck. To take him from the aggressive passing offence of Bruce Arians and then make him just another boring West Coast offence QB. Do the coaches really look back at that game and say "hooray, he head a 78% completion percentage, I'm so happy"?

If anyone is wondering how the Colts almost lost their home opener to the Raiders it's because one QB was restricted by a dull, conservative offensive scheme and the other QB just went out there and had the freedom to try and make plays (or alternatively, he didn't understand the calls so just took off an run at every opportunity, I'm not sure which). 

If anyone watches Baseball you see it all the time, commentators not commentating on the game. 

The national games are normally okay but the local ones are ridiculous especially if the commentary teams team is losing heavily. They think they can go on about anything. I have watched many, many games with no sound just to avoid the nonsensical commentary. 

I just want commentators to commentate on the damn game.

Maybe its me being biased regarding baseball, but Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling are brilliant. Think Michaels and Collinsworth are the only announcing team in sports that I rate higher.

You put the $('ers as a win, yet don't even mention it as one you're 'not confident with'

Have you seen

1) seen Seattle at home

2) seen Seattle ANYWHERE

;)

I watched the niners Packers game and if Seattle manage to win against them then I'll start taking them seriously. San Fran just look so strong.

Just had to check. Not used to hearing my 'Hawks being called 'big dogs' :P

The best about the NFL right there, no one is truly left out. Seatle and the niners have been pretty bloody poor in recent years and look at them now, ditto for Detroit. I remember when I started watching the NFL and the Patriots were the laughingstock until Bledsoe/Brady came along.

The only ones in terminal decline seems to be the Bills and the Browns, the latter have picked up a bit though.

A bit of continuity helps teams an awful lot. For the most part, successful teams are the ones that can keep a core group of people together which includes players, coaches and co-ordinators. A lot of teams cut and fire everyone left right and centre if they're shit, then wonder why they don't improve when they do it over and over.

• Like 2

Â