AndyClarke

I asked the chairman to sort out the training facilities as they are poor, he refused, I leaked this to the press and said I was disappointed and the next thing I know he is putting plans in place to update and improve the training. :-D

Soldado games/goal ratio

b00b446aea2b9d451b2362932bbb384b.png

Defoe games/goals ratio

d20ba9e1d0beb3e968ec352dbd3b2192.png

So between them they have started 37 games and featured in another 31 with a grand total of 6 goals with 3 of them in the league!

Managed to get to Jan window and spent 25m on Benteke who got 5 goals in 8 games but he got injured for about 8 weeks and had to go back to these two lumps, sacked in March :(

Won the Dutch double for the third time in a row, as well as the World Club Championship and the Dutch Super Cup.

Last game of the season is against Barcelona (again) in the Champions League Final, hopefully I'll claim my second CL victory in a row!

Oh, and Vitinho has got nearly 50 assists this season, the kid is incredible.

• Like 1

Won the Dutch double for the third time in a row, as well as the World Club Championship and the Dutch Super Cup.

Last game of the season is against Barcelona (again) in the Champions League Final, hopefully I'll claim my second CL victory in a row!

Since you're clearly really good I'll ask you: how much if at all do you change your tactic for home games versus away games?

I always have one of the best home records in the league but struggle away, and I'm wondering how to change that

Edited by Rovers13

Since you're clearly really good I'll ask you: how much if at all do you change your tactic for home games versus away games?

I always have one of the best home records in the league but struggle away, and I'm wondering how to change that

I have 2 tactics that my team are trained with and I alternate them pretty much based on two things:

1. Quality of opposition

2. Number of midfielders the opposition are deploying

I mainly play a 4-4-2 formation as I seem to be able to dominate every team in Holland both home and away. In the Champions League though I find that most teams are a great deal better than those I face domestically and they mainly play with 3 in the middle of the park (for example 2 DMs and a CM, or 2 CMs and a AMC). Against those teams I use a 4-2-3-1 with 2 CMs and an AMC so that the opposition can't outnumber me in midfield.

I also think that the 'type' of striker you use comes into things a lot. I always try to have at least 1 'CF' or 'Complete Forward' with good physical attributes, that will track back when needed. 

Another tip with the game engine is that it seems when using wingers that if you deploy them 'level' with your midfielders, rather than in the 'AMR' or 'AML' positions, they track back and defend a LOT more.

Hopefully something out of that helps and before buying fancy strikers and wingers I always try to build from the back, focus on getting some strong defensive midfielders. You're always better off if you're not letting goals in, whether you're scoring yourself or not.

I bought last year's game and got about 3 hours play out of it.  It was far too in depth.  I've heard this year isn't so bad.  Any thoughts?

Iv barely played it for years for that exact reason. Hate all the team talks/media crap, I think if you get rid of everything like that and just focus on team, buying players and tactics its not too bad but I still feel the tactics are a little too much and then you have to play players in their positions to their style e.g 'DM, box to box mid' etc. Really annoying having to change that and takes a while to remember which player does what best.

However this one seems to stick a bit more than the last few years so might be worth ago, just get your assistant to do a few things and its not too much effort that way.

Yea but just because a player has an ideal role doesnt mean he cant be brilliant in a different role if the tactic is good. Infact i rarely ever play players in their recommended role.

Think a big part of enjoying fm is getting by on your own tactics which this year im doing alright in where as other years with all the different sliders and all the rest of it i always failed at and ended up using others which is fine but takes the gloss of any achievements.

I have 2 tactics that my team are trained with and I alternate them pretty much based on two things:

1. Quality of opposition

2. Number of midfielders the opposition are deploying

I mainly play a 4-4-2 formation as I seem to be able to dominate every team in Holland both home and away. In the Champions League though I find that most teams are a great deal better than those I face domestically and they mainly play with 3 in the middle of the park (for example 2 DMs and a CM, or 2 CMs and a AMC). Against those teams I use a 4-2-3-1 with 2 CMs and an AMC so that the opposition can't outnumber me in midfield.

I also think that the 'type' of striker you use comes into things a lot. I always try to have at least 1 'CF' or 'Complete Forward' with good physical attributes, that will track back when needed.

Another tip with the game engine is that it seems when using wingers that if you deploy them 'level' with your midfielders, rather than in the 'AMR' or 'AML' positions, they track back and defend a LOT more.

Hopefully something out of that helps and before buying fancy strikers and wingers I always try to build from the back, focus on getting some strong defensive midfielders. You're always better off if you're not letting goals in, whether you're scoring yourself or not.

Thank you, that was very helpful and informative. I'm gonna try out those tips.

Villa are so good this year! Lowton, Westwood and Baker all regulars for england in 2015, all being valued above £10m, Lowton having the second highest rating in the premier league both first and second season. Graham and Grealish amazing talents!

Tips for people playing villa, go for 5-3-2 with attacking wingbacks. Luna and Lowton amazing in this tactic

Just got this and I have to say I'm really impressed with this years updates. I like the fact that the sliders are history. Hated them. Got off to a bad start losing to Stoke 4-1 followed by a 2-1 loss to Hull. Not awfully worried as we were the better team in both games, so I tweaked the formation a bit and currently leading 1-0 away to Man United 53 minutes into the game. Will obviously lose this one as well, but we're looking good playing wise.

• Like 1

Haha, we won 1-0! Take that Gollum! :) Pyrrhic victory though as Sylla and Sissoko went off injured after playing really well. Gabby is on fire with 4 goals in 2 games (scored a hat-trick against Northampton in the Cup) and provided the winning goal. United had 43 shots on goal! Most from a distance though and on target shots were 9-4 in their favour. 

• Like 1

Not sure whether it is a bug or not, but teams interested in my players only seem to offer feeble figures at first.

For example, Zivkovic is currently 'valued' at £12.5m. I just had an offer of £300k up front + £4m over 36 months. I changed the offer to £20m up front, and they said it was acceptable.

I didn't sell but a similar thing happened with Vitinho and Fabinho too, bit odd.

Im now in march and still in 6th spot at villa. Recovered from Benteke buggering off to Dortmund by buying Alcacer, Ings and  Ince.  Wiemann is shite fo me, luckily Gabby and Kozak are playing well.

I havent been able to get rid of Given, Hutton or Nzogbia yet. I have played all 3 though as I like to rotate my players

Im now in march and still in 6th spot at villa. Recovered from Benteke buggering off to Dortmund by buying Alcacer, Ings and  Ince.  Wiemann is shite fo me, luckily Gabby and Kozak are playing well.

I havent been able to get rid of Given, Hutton or Nzogbia yet. I have played all 3 though as I like to rotate my players

Didn't want Hutton in my side at all so got rid for £500k.

Â