Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on Unibet.com

09:00 9399 Silly Season Special - Wesley Sneijder

Which club will he play for on the 1st of September 2007?

Loan deals count. Others on request. Bets placed after a public announcement are declared void.

Ajax 1.30

Valencia 6.30

Tottenham 9.00

Barcelona 50.00

Real Madrid 50.00

Lyon 80.00

Bayern München 150.00

VfB Stuttgart 150.00

PSV Eindhoven 200.00

Think i should place a bet?

Good to see our pursuit being taken seriously by the bookies :cry:

i read marco van basten has told him to go on holiday and not make any decisions yet

If Spurs and Villa are fighting for Sneijder I am convinced that Spurs has the best chance of getting him. They have playing in Europe as an attraction, London, Martin Jol...and maybe a more exciting squad at the moment.

Strikers as Berbatov, Defoe, Keane outplay our strikeforce in of Carew, Moore, Agbonlahor, Young. Our strikeforce might be more potential, but their strikers are better and have a much better big name profile.

The midfield has the similar status and that applies to goalkeepers as well. The defence of Spurs do seem a little bit better or more promising then Villas even though I would say we have the upper hand on big name profiles in that area and the fact that Bouma plays at Villa.

Villas biggest attraction lies in the future signings and that the club is on the up big times. However...if Sneijder are the first signing as a big profile it might be to tough to get him onboard not having more to show than the ambition to sign big players together with his arrival.

Our chance to get Sneijder if the clubs are head to head is at the best 20%...

Their defence is one of the worst in the league and as such we lost less games than them so your suggestion that their defence is "more promising" is rubbish, and i don't think people need to be schooled about the Spuds team either as i'm sure everyone knows about them in here by now!!.

If you dont like my opinion...dont read. To answer it like you did is in some way your opinion but you add on a slightly disrespectful ending...and I recent that.

Spurs was way more attacking than Villa and if you attack more you are bound to open up for other teams to get chances to score. Martin Jol has calculated that he had a strikeforce that would win them games anyway and he wasnt wrong. Spurs attack was awesome at times.

I´m not trying to school anyone about Spurs, but I try to weight in a realistic analyze on why Sneijder would prefer to choose Spurs before Villa as the clubs stands now with the squad.

Many on this forum overrate the excisting squad of Villa. If we didnt get Carew, Young and Maloney in january together with a brightly playing Berger we would have had a hell of a time avoiding relegation. It was there for everyone to see...

I' don't care whether you resent my post or not as i was just stating the facts :roll: , there's been a huge problem on this site with people bigging up Spurs i'm sure you are aware of that but to then go through the Spurs side in a effort to prove they are better than us is imo extremely futile, and the whole "Spurs attack so much that's why they let in goals" is absolute crap, Arsenal attack like mad and they never let in as much as them, Spurs kept around 4 clean sheets in the season!!, that's not the sign of a top class defence at all.

While I agree that 'bigging up' Spurs is both pointless and irritating, and that they kept the fewest clean sheets of any team in the Premiership this season with 6, I must point out that by far and away their best defender Ledley King spent most of the season on the sideline. So their first choice defence is not as bad as last season's stats suggest.

there is now ay in this world we're getting wes sneijder. totally out of our league. he's world class and will more likely go to arsenal or spurs. and why spurs? because they are BETTER THAN US. and I'm a villa fan.

Yes, but we are becoming BETTER THAN THEM and have a better manager :winkold:

We actually have a much better defence than Spurs. People say they rather have Ledley King because he's less injury-prone, compared to Laursen. That's bullshit. Ask any Spurs fan and they'll tell you they're quite fed up with King always getting injured. He was injured for much of last season and the season before, so I don't see how he's less injury-prone than Laursen. And Laursen is by far the better defender, so on what basis would one prefer King over Laursen? The only defender that Spurs have that I would take is Chimbonda, basically because our RB position is so short of quality. Bouma is better than Bale as it stands, and probably will be for the next 2-3 years, until Bale fulfills his 'potential'. So, to say that Spurs have a better defence than us presently, is complete and utter bollocks.

We actually have a much better defence than Spurs. People say they rather have Ledley King because he's less injury-prone, compared to Laursen. That's bullshit. Ask any Spurs fan and they'll tell you they're quite fed up with King always getting injured. He was injured for much of last season and the season before, so I don't see how he's less injury-prone than Laursen. And Laursen is by far the better defender, so on what basis would one prefer King over Laursen? The only defender that Spurs have that I would take is Chimbonda, basically because our RB position is so short of quality. Bouma is better than Bale as it stands, and probably will be for the next 2-3 years, until Bale fulfills his 'potential'. So, to say that Spurs have a better defence than us presently, is complete and utter bollocks.

I would agree with that, and i really like King as a player. I also think Dawson is pretty average.

I'm sorry i must be confused, i thought this was a transfer rumours thread. Can someone do me a favour and rename the thread "the spurs debate" and we can start a new transfer thread.

Has anyone mentioned Alan Smith? It seems that he isn't in Man U's plans and I was very impressed with the way he and Barry linked up and worked off each other in the England B match.

Every player in the world has been mentioned on this thread, so I'm guessing he's been mentioned somewhere. :P

unless mon pulls off a miracle we will not get wesley Sneijder as much as i would want him as we are not even playing in the uefa cup.People like reo coker,defoe and bellamy and really good foriegn players are in our range for now when we get into europe then we will be able to get the wesley Sneijders of this world,thats called progress it will take a couple of more years to be able to get this type of player im afraid he is just out of our reach for now this is the reality.

But hopefully fingers crossed i am wrong and will get a nice suprise.

Who were Mon and ISM scouting at the Monaco v Marseille match recently? Sami Nasri was the name mentioned most at the time and having watched him score the winning goal against Georgia on wednesday he has got awesome potential.

I know he has indicated that he wants to stay at OM for another season but he is the kind of player we need if we are going to make other fans sit up and take notice of Villa next season.

While I agree that 'bigging up' Spurs is both pointless and irritating, and that they kept the fewest clean sheets of any team in the Premiership this season with 6, I must point out that by far and away their best defender Ledley King spent most of the season on the sideline. So their first choice defence is not as bad as last season's stats suggest.

And by far and away our best defender has hardly played for the last two years, but our defence hasn't been as bad as their's, even when King did return they were letting in goals left, right and centre.

Just looked at skysports and Geremi saying he would happily move to boro if the right offer came along...... what a great signing he would be for us at present and hes only 28!!!