Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going on MON's comments on Celtic players can we now assume Boruc is a non starter.

yep was about to post the very same thing, the no Celtic players quote was very illuminating

Funny I didn't read MON's comments as saying he wouldn't be after any Celtic players, he doesn't say that.

Going on MON's comments on Celtic players can we now assume Boruc is a non starter.

yep was about to post the very same thing, the no Celtic players quote was very illuminating

Funny I didn't read MON's comments as saying he wouldn't be after any Celtic players, he doesn't say that.

I think this says it really:

"Neither myself nor anybody else at the football club has shown any interest in this particular player, nor indeed anybody at Celtic Football Club.

"Let me tell you categorically it is a load of complete tosh. I have not been near Celtic for the player and I won't be.

Ooops! Now when I read it I must agree with you...he only says that he hasnt been near Celtic and wont be...concerning Shunsuke Nakamura! This is somewhat wordtripping...he doesnt say that he wont be near Celtic for any player...there might still be one deal on the cards anyway...like Boruc.

To be fair though it does seem to indicate he's not interested in anyone at Celtic...

If Boruc was on his list I don't think he would have come out so strongly against being linked with Celtic players.

"Neither myself nor anybody else at the football club has shown any interest in this particular player, nor indeed anybody at Celtic Football Club".

But surely the comment above it "anybody at Celtic Football Club" is a bit of a clue that he's not after Boruc?

"Neither myself nor anybody else at the football club has shown any interest in this particular player, nor indeed anybody at Celtic Football Club".

But surely the comment above it "anybody at Celtic Football Club" is a bit of a clue that he's not after Boruc?

That's exactly what I was saying.

Isn't JG manager at QPR if we're being linked with a winger from there? Could be just press making 5 out of 2 + 2 again!

Good cuz I want Gordon anyway :D
Gordon has the makings of a good keeper but he hasn't looked that secure in the last two internationals. If anyone knows him well perhaps they could tell me whether he is a vocal keeper who commands his defence, because this is what we need next season.

Isn't JG manager at QPR if we're being linked with a winger from there? Could be just press making 5 out of 2 + 2 again!

In fairness Lee Cook (the winger in question) has been linked with a lot of midtable clubs with Pompey putting in an alleged £2million bid.

I thought Sneijder was 22? That Sun article says he is 26.

I thought that, they also mention a 7mill bid, Ajax rejected an 8mill bid from Valencia so how does that work! :bonk:

Makes Baggie Bills copy and pasting look genius!

In fairness Lee Cook (the winger in question) has been linked with a lot of midtable clubs with Pompey putting in an alleged £2million bid.

Watching Ashly Young the other night play superbly on the left wing means that Mon can bid for either a classy left or right winger. Carew and Agbonlahor et al will get superb service and can look forward to getting a hatful of goals next season.

Ive got a feeling that this Sneijder thing wont go away until we sign him!!!!

Think MON may play him on the left wing with Barry inside him allowing Sneijder to play more freely (very similar to Berger and Maloney did at the end of the season)

Heres hoping!!!

Robs List...NRC

SNEIJDER

GORDON

L.YOUNG

DEFOE

Ive got a feeling that this Sneijder thing wont go away until we sign him!!!!

Think MON may play him on the left wing with Barry inside him allowing Sneijder to play more freely (very similar to Berger and Maloney did at the end of the season)

Heres hoping!!!

Robs List...NRC

SNEIJDER

GORDON

L.YOUNG

DEFOE

Sneijder scored 18 goals last season, imagine him doing that at the Villa. :lol: