Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having given it some thought I think Nakamura would be better than Koumas for these 2 main reasons:

1. Even if his overall play may not be as good, his ability from set-pieces should not be underestimated. Think of how important Beckham's free-kicks are to England - they are by far the major threat we possess. That sort of world-class ability can get you 6-7 goals a season alone.

2. Raising the profile in Asia. Significant in terms of brand building. Koumas raises no-ones profile.

Having given it some thought I think Nakamura would be better than Koumas for these 2 main reasons:

1. Even if his overall play may not be as good, his ability from set-pieces should not be underestimated. Think of how important Beckham's free-kicks are to England - they are by far the major threat we possess. That sort of world-class ability can get you 6-7 goals a season alone.

2. Raising the profile in Asia. Significant in terms of brand building. Koumas raises no-ones profile.[/quote i agree and the same with berger that boy can hit a ball

It would be enough but the way I see it is actually like this:

New GK, new RB, new CB/LB, new RM/AM (Nakamura?/Koumas?/Sneijder?), new DM (Reo-Coker?), new ST.

So 6 players coming in overall with Davis, Ridgewell, Sutton, Djemba x2, McCann, Hendrie, Delaney/Hughes and a goalkeeper leaving. 8 out, 6 in but a much stronger and deeper squad all the same.

Sorensen/Boruc

L. Young

Mellberg

Laursen

Bouma

Young

NRC

Petrov

Barry

Defoe

Carew

Subs

Taylor

Cahill

Nakamura

Maloney

Gabby

Acceptable.

do you think young will start games im not to sure

2. Raising the profile in Asia. Significant in terms of brand building. Koumas raises no-ones profile.

Koumas raises my left eyebrow!!! :lol:

Sorensen/Boruc

L. Young

Mellberg

Laursen

Bouma

Young

NRC

Petrov

Barry

Defoe

Carew

Subs

Taylor

Cahill

Nakamura

Maloney

Gabby

Acceptable.

I'd rather see Gabby starting then Defoe I think next season he can be one the leagues top scorers with a whole season up front. Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself but this is the player that excites me the most for the future!

sums it up but also shows again how many players we really need to buy. I just hope its not to much of a transitional season with all these players trying to settle in. But i think he already has the base of the team so this should hopefuly prevent that happening.

2. Raising the profile in Asia. Significant in terms of brand building. Koumas raises no-ones profile

when on earth did supporters start to give a flying fig about this kind of crap ?

When they woke up one morning to the remarkable discovery that they had a brain.

As NRC is captain of the U21s he'll probably be interviewed after the game as the commentators have mentioned will be interesting to hear his comments when asked about speculation

personally I think MON is a very shrewd man and we wouldn't be putting in a bid for a lost cause nor on the day a player is playing for his country as U21 captain unless it was sorted....

he's got his man IMO as his agent seems to have confirmed to WM earlier!

Just seen we've been linked with Nakamura now.

I admit i haven't seen Celtic a lot, but i would be very disappointed if we were to sign him. Reminds me of Hitzlsperger when he was here...a one trick pony. Sure, he'll get you a few goals from free kicks during the season, but apart from that, i never notice Nakamura contributing much else during games...

Does MON think his Celtic team was the dogs bollocks or what?? Why don't we just come right out and ask them to become our feeder club? Can understand why he sgned Sutton and Agathe...we were desperate for players at the time; but now we have the money and we have the time to go and find the players who have the quality or potential to really get us pushing up the league.

C'mon MON, give bloody Celtic a rest. You're in a competitive league now and you won't find too many players up there to take us forward!

nakamura and boruc are two players i would take at villa

who cares if they play for celtic and we have signed lots of players from celtic

their both good enough to play for us so whats the problem?

if their better than we have got then take them not matter who they play for