Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Ahh, the eternal "if I can find one example that differs then I prove everything is a hoax"!

If MON only bought players from Celtic I think there would be a riot on here.

But it's close to not being exaggeration though....

You know what mate no one cares who they played for as long as they do well for ASTON VILLA. These players that MO'N is after from Celtic have got to be good if they can play with shit players like Lee Naylor and Paul Telfer and do well in the Champions League.

I agree.

I think some Villa fans like to moan for the sake of it. Old habits never die :)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't seriously talking about signing a player because he is decent at free kicks are you?

He is a very mediocre player

Maaaan this quote is getting a roight kicking! :lol:

Havent seen enough. Only one game, he scored a hattrick against i think dundee(orange kit); and was quite good, but they were sheet.

A bid of 7-8mil will be enough to get Nakamura in IMO

When the SPL transfer record between two SPL teams is 4.4mil then I think celtic will take something in the region on £8mil... maybe a part exchange one of our out of favour players for him + cash???

When the SPL transfer record between two SPL teams is 4.4mil then I think celtic will take something in the region on £8mil... maybe a part exchange one of our out of favour players for him + cash???

Petrov?

:winkold:

Nakamura would be a poor signing in respect of the midfield we appear to be trying to build. We've got young, hungry, dynamic grafters in there, with Reo-Coker hopefully to be added soon. Not sure KnackeredMotor fits into any of those categories - he's a luxury player imo.

Nakamura would be a poor signing in respect of the midfield we appear to be trying to build. We've got young, hungry, dynamic grafters in there, with Reo-Coker hopefully to be added soon. Not sure KnackeredMotor fits into any of those categories - he's a luxury player imo.

Oh look, someone has already come up with a nice nickname for him.

Maybe the fact that he doesn't fit into any of those catagories i.e. he offers something we haven't got is the reason we MIGHT be interested?

Myself, I think he's the 'plan B' for Koumas. Very similar players.

we do need some experience in there though!!

Our team is full of youngesters and we need to bring in some players for guidance. I aint saying that Nakamura will provide this... but i wouldnt be disappointed if we signed someone in the late 20's early 30's

Nakamura would be a great signing, but i'd prefer Sneijder

oh btw it doesn't matter if you are lightweight if you are a winger, just look at the endless amount of light wingers who are in the prem or have been linked to the prem

Oh look, someone has already come up with a nice nickname for him.

Maybe the fact that he doesn't fit into any of those catagories i.e. he offers something we haven't got is the reason we MIGHT be interested?

Myself, I think he's the 'plan B' for Koumas. Very similar players.

Or maybe the bit of experience amongst young heads type of player?

WTF? Nakamura? I hope you are kidding?

Why don't we just buy Boruc, McGeedy, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Lennon and Balde as well? It seems MON can't manage to find players outside Celtic :)

This can't be true, I think he just signed a new contract and said he would not leave Celtic this summer. He can score on free-kicks and deliver a decent

corner from time to time, other than that he is slow and and doesn't track back.

A bit like Gamst Pedersen then, and he's supposedly off to one of the top 4 or Spurs...

Is every Celtic player a set piece expert? Petrov and Maloney were meant to be as well?

I'd be interested in all these people that say the SPL is crap and that he's average. How much have you all seen of him?

I mean surely if the league is crap and the SPL player of the year is crap you don't watch it then?

Nakamura would be a great signing, but i'd prefer Sneijder

oh btw it doesn't matter if you are lightweight if you are a winger, just look at the endless amount of light wingers who are in the prem or have been linked to the prem

i actually think it better to be a lightweight... as they tend to be quicker on their feet and when attacking its easiler to be fouled in a dangerous area.

only need heavyweights in defence and midfield

Perhaps, but I'd be suprised if we're looking for that specific quality. I think we underestimate the experience in our side already. Barry, Laursen, Mellberg, Bouma, Carew, Petrov........

Not exactly inexperienced 'kids' are they?

Petrov?

:winkold:

Ooooh you devil! :lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps, but I'd be suprised if we're looking for that specific quality. I think we underestimate the experience in our side already. Barry, Laursen, Mellberg, Bouma, Carew, Petrov........

Not exactly inexperienced 'kids' are they?

Not al all, and as my front page article says I think he would be instead of not as well as Koumas. Also I'd add that he is probably to take the role of Berger when he leaves.