Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How imminent? I dont know, but the only thing holding things up is holidays. Unlike the Ashley Young and Maloney transfers, I dont have actual direct contacts with this one ...

Yeah - I read that post on H&V as well.

Bren_d will be delighted to know that he's not "some div who likes to blag".

Will we get to 1,000 pages on this rumour page before a signing is made?

I am going on holiday to Turkey on Sunday for a week so can we please put on hold all transfers into Villa until I return. :D

I wouldn't want to miss out of the transfer frenzy on this website when it happens.

Someone sent the Mertesacker rumour to SSN your view under General Krulak's name :crylaugh:

I have family in Germany, and my cousin is a friend of Per Metersacker, the central defender who plays for Werder. He has told my cousin that Villa have been in contact with the club about a transfer for £4M. He is very keen on the move. This could happen very soon.

C Krulak - Birmingham

Here is the posts from the guy on ICbrum so you can judge for yourself if he's telling the truth.

So where does Young play? Our nearly 10million pound signing. He is abosloute class, and certainly won't be dropped.

I suppose Petrov, NRC and Schneider will suffer from rotation. We'll see. Unless we play 5 in the middle, which is an option.

Young - Petrov - NRC - Barry - Schneider

^^^ Very strong!

Sneijder won't suffer from rotation, Sneijder will be the first name on the team sheet. He'll have a chance to be the best player we've ever signed, maybe one of the best in the world today. Or at the very least he'll be the biggest 'star'.

He reminds me of Cesc Fabregas. Great range of passing, great vision, can play anywhere across the middle and not afraid to get stuck in.

If we sign him I'll eat my own face.

P.S. it really isn't that difficult to spell :winkold:

He'll have a chance to be the best player we've ever signed

Thats an interesting quote there Dave.

Does anyone think that this summer we will sign the best player we have ever signed (not necessarily Wes but any as yet unnamed player)

He'll have a chance to be the best player we've ever signed

Thats an interesting quote there Dave.

Does anyone think that this summer we will sign the best player we have ever signed (not necessarily Wes but any as yet unnamed player)

In modern times maybe.

in a word no. i think DDID is suffering from Sneijder syndrome personally. eg: a player becomes instantly twice as good as he is because he has a high transfer fee and foreign name

he's good, he can be great. but he wont be as good or as important to the side as Barry

he's the real deal

Will someone finally be better than McGrath ? No.

Thank you.

Oh, you mean Paul and not me. :oops:

Someone sent the Mertesacker rumour to SSN your view under General Krulak's name :crylaugh:

I have family in Germany, and my cousin is a friend of Per Metersacker, the central defender who plays for Werder. He has told my cousin that Villa have been in contact with the club about a transfer for £4M. He is very keen on the move. This could happen very soon.

C Krulak - Birmingham

Here is the posts from the guy on ICbrum so you can judge for yourself if he's telling the truth.

I am shocked :shock:

You can't even spread idle rumours without someone stealing them.

I'm gonna have to have a word with the General. :x

in a word no. i think DDID is suffering from Sneijder syndrome personally. eg: a player becomes instantly twice as good as he is because he has a high transfer fee and foreign name

Riiiiiiight. Nothing to do with having watched him play some 10-15 times, nothing to do with reading every single report on the guy I could find over the last 3 days.

No, it's because he has a fancy name.

IF he does become as good as someone like Fabregas, which I think he COULD, then yes there's a chance he could be the best signing we'd ever make. Impossible to compare him with McGrath, so I won't even try.

but he wont be as good or as important to the side as Barry

You say that with such confidence.

We have not been properly linked with Sneijder other than what some lousy journo have stolen from this site?

Because TEAMtalk is stupid enough to steal from Bill Howell it isn't a real target......

So basically we are as much interested in him as in Ronaldinho right?

Riiiiiiight. Nothing to do with having watched him play some 10-15 times, nothing to do with reading every single report on the guy I could find over the last 3 days.

i'm not sure how you can judge a players class on wtaching just 10-15 games. 2 seasons maybe

i base my Barry comparisson after watching him since he was 17 in the flesh

but you have to admit. a foreign name always sounds more sexy. but as we all well know. it doesn't always work out that way

We have not been properly linked with Sneijder other than what some lousy journo have stolen from this site?

What makes you think that Howell "stole" the story from this site?