Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I have it on good authority from a personal friend of the man, that Villa want Per Metersacker and have offered Werder £4M.

He only signed for them after the World Cup but they could double their money by taking Villas offer.

I understand that he is keen on the move.

A good young German international centre back to create real competition. After all we can't rely on Larsons dodgy knees. :winkold:

is this paul meatpacker(english translation) any good then?we need another proper quality defender or two.

Had a good world cup, not the biggest name, but will be a regular in the German national team for a long time. Not a bad price either for an international centre back at 23 years old.

nice age nice price for a promising young player aswell if he is quality he could be a shrewd buy.

And probably not true at all. Another dog-rumour, me thinks.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot understand and am disappointed why we haven't gone for barton.

5.5m for a proven very good premiership player who is still young - missed the boat now he is in Newcastle having talks.

Bit worried here, realistically the likes of Barton are "the next step" , we are never gonna get the likes of lampard etc.. but the Bartons of this world would put us into the Top 6 and then we could challenge for the bigger names,

If we aren't going for the likes of Barton - then I can't see where these "quality signings" are going to come from.

NRC seems a certainty but we need more than him in our midfield.

Mertesacker is young(23), tall (6"4) and a German International, he certainly seems to fit the bill for the sort of players MON wants. Hopefully we are interested and it isn't just some random making stuff up!

Mertesacker would be an immense signing for 4million.

It's gotta be BS. He would be fetching about 7million, at least.

Is there anything else you can tell us about the deal my friend?

Has the fee been agreed?

Thanks for the info, afterall, this is a rumours thread.

Out: Davis, McCann and Osbourne on loan.

In: NRC and Sneijder.

Young, Berger, Maloney, NRC, Petrov, Sneijder, Barry and Gardner fight over 4 and sometimes 5 places. In fact, there is still room for another winger there too.

38 league games. Possibly 20 odd cup games. They will all play and with bad luck even be stretched to cope.

Players like to be rested now and then. Its not an insult. It prolongs their careers.

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

Whats even the point of bringing this up again?

Probably to show that his speculation was bang on. Certainly nice to see that this thread isn't all bullsh1t :)

5.5m for a proven very good premiership player who is still young - missed the boat now he is in Newcastle having talks.

Bit worried here, realistically the likes of Barton are "the next step" , we are never gonna get the likes of lampard etc.. but the Bartons of this world would put us into the Top 6 and then we could challenge for the bigger names,

If we aren't going for the likes of Barton - then I can't see where these "quality signings" are going to come from.

NRC will be a great addition and I'm sure under MON will go on to be better than Barton, not that he is far off now.

I disagree. Barton is an idiot. He comes with too much baggage off the pitch and AVFC don't want to be in the headlines for the wrong reasons because of him.

Barton will strike again, and do something stupid, mark my words. NRC will prove to be a much better signing on the pitch and off.

Young, Berger, Maloney, NRC, Petrov, Sneijder, Barry and Gardner fight over 4 and sometimes 5 places. In fact, there is still room for another winger there too.

38 league games. Possibly 20 odd cup games. They will all play and with bad luck even be stretched to cope.

Players like to be rested now and then. Its not an insult. It prolongs their careers.

swp, sorted!

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

Whats even the point of bringing this up again?

Probably to show that his speculation was bang on. Certainly nice to see that this thread isn't all bullsh1t :)

Shame he didnt bring up his earlier speculation which was miles off. Shoot enough and you are bound to hit some time.

Has the fee been agreed?

As far as I know there is no agreement yet, £4M may be the opening offer, but I have been told that he would welcome a move to Villa. the club obviously wouldn't want to lose him, but if they ended up with a deal more than they paid, they are not the sort of club to hang onto a player who wants to move. I think the fact that he would be moving out of the Bundesliga would also help, as they would not like to sell him onto one of their rivals.

swp, sorted!

Well, if this came true I think I'd literally pass out. :nod: Rather good midfield, IMO. I can see this midfield:

Young-Barry-Sneijder-Wright Phillips :D

But then again, probably not.

Has the fee been agreed?

As far as I know there is no agreement yet, £4M may be the opening offer, but I have been told that he would welcome a move to Villa. the club obviously wouldn't want to lose him, but if they ended up with a deal more than they paid, they are not the sort of club to hang onto a player who wants to move. I think the fact that he would be moving out of the Bundesliga would also help, as they would not like to sell him onto one of their rivals.

Call me gullable, but I believe you.

Has the fee been agreed?

I don't, but I'd gladly eat that humble pie if you're right.

Shame he didnt bring up his earlier speculation which was miles off

You see there was enough doing that at the time over Micah Richards that I thought I would redress the balance. It's all about balance you see.

There are more than enough people who have suggested players and been wide of the mark, even yourself. People always jump on the bandwagon to criticise and have double standards. Never quick to praise. Oh well.

I have it on good authority from a personal friend of the man, that Villa want Per Metersacker and have offered Werder £4M.

He only signed for them after the World Cup but they could double their money by taking Villas offer.

I understand that he is keen on the move.

A good young German international centre back to create real competition. After all we can't rely on Larsons dodgy knees. :winkold:

is this paul meatpacker(english translation) any good then?we need another proper quality defender or two.

Had a good world cup, not the biggest name, but will be a regular in the German national team for a long time. Not a bad price either for an international centre back at 23 years old.

German fans reckon that he's not the best defensively but he's dangerous at set pieces due to his height.

Has the fee been agreed?

Obviously a discerning and intelligent man :winkold:

the other factor in our favour is that he is not the sort who goes looking for "London lifestyle", many players coming over to England want to live in London, even if they have to sacrifice their career and play for Tottenham.

I think he would settle well in Little Aston.