Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

So you think Mon would prefer Taylor to Sneidjer?, i don't think so, he'll get the best players he can possibley get, Sniedjer also has some decent pace too so playing out wide should be fine for him, what i noticed towards the end of the season was our players moving all around the pitch, Ashley would go from left to right, Gardner would be in the center then pop up on the right!!, so it doesn't mean Sneidjer would be confined to the left hand side.

I think he would prefer him in that position yes, i just think he wants actual wingers, whilst i dont think Sneidjer is he is similar to Barry as in a side midfielder not a winger.

I don't think he's the same as Barry, Sniedjer is an all out attacking midfielder, Barry is a converted defender who played left back for a number of games last season, Taylor is not the fastest of players and also started as a Left back, Sneidjer is better than both Barry and Taylor and thus i personally think he'd be mad to choose Taylor over him even if he wants to play with two "wingers" which hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Actually Barry is a central midfielder who was converted to a central defender by JG

When he came from Brighton he was a central mid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham and Newcastle are signing the obvious. I think we have better and less predictable signings on the way.

That's what certain people have been led to believe, too.

Which certain people is that, and what have they been led to believe more spesificly?

West Ham and Newcastle are signing the obvious. I think we have better and less predictable signings on the way.

I agree with this.

It also lends itself to people going who! He must be cack ;) let me get on FM and You Tube that will sell it for me :lol:

Thing is if we've never seen him play but his apparently highly rated and a sought after player we are delighted. But if its a championship player then we don't want him because he is not proven in the premiership.

I know our opinions are the purpose of this thread but surely we need to have some trust in MON and be happy with whoever we buy. At least until/IF they flop.

I know our opinions are the purpose of this thread but surely we need to have some trust in MON and be happy with however we buy. At least until/IF they flop.

Exactly.

It's brilliant how fans work....

Newcastle and West Ham go out and buy players - surely they must be buying too rash and too soon! Villa will end up with the best ones

Villa rumored with Jason Koumas - I wonder if his reputation on here got a little bit higher than it would be if he was linked with Birmingham or Derby

Villa linked with a troublesome NRC - surely MON will cure him just like he will cure Carew's scoring and settling problems

:)

With regards to Koumas, certainly NOT my first choice in signings, I am certain there are better players out there than Jason Koumas. It would need a really good manager to turn him into a player that could help benefit Villa. A really good manager like Ferguson, Wenger, MON...

Oh wait :clap:

It's brilliant how fans work....

Newcastle and West Ham go out and buy players - surely they must be buying too rash and too soon! Villa will end up with the best ones

Villa rumored with Jason Koumas - I wonder if his reputation on here got a little bit higher than it would be if he was linked with Birmingham or Derby

Villa linked with a troublesome NRC - surely MON will cure him just like he will cure Carew's scoring and settling problems

:)

positive thinking my friend. Something villa fans have understandably forgotten how to do :)

Name one player of note we have been beaten to recently? And I dont mean crap that some rag has spewed out but actual facts.

The transfer I told you about, Ashley Young, for instance. Spurs and West Ham as well as a few others were interested and we won. Why? Take your pick of reasons. West Ham offered more money and Spurs offered European football but he still chose Villa. There's your precedent.

Will all players choose us? No. No club could expect that. Not even Man Utd. So what?

Also, I'm not aware of any player choosing the number of fans in the stadium as any incentive to join a club. Thats ridiculous. They do whats best for their careers and families and thats it.

we may or may not have been turned down by Barton & Parker. if so. take it on the chin, we aren't Barcelona all of a sudden

and neither are west ham, however at least 1 of the 2 is going to them.

true. but they must have wanted him. did we ?

not to mention West Ham can out spend us and just about everyone else bar Chelsea

Name one player of note we have been beaten to recently? And I dont mean crap that some rag has spewed out but actual facts.

The transfer I told you about, Ashley Young, for instance. Spurs and West Ham as well as a few others were interested and we won. Why? Take your pick of reasons. West Ham offered more money and Spurs offered European football but he still chose Villa. There's your precedent.

not quite true though is it ? Spurs never (to my knowledge) made a bid for him or even agreed a fee - if you know different fair enough, but i've never seen or read that anywhere. West Ham did, and so did we