Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koumas will cost us 4 million max, and at that price, I'd take him.

Alot of you need to calm down, the lad is a good player. Can take men on, shoot, cross etc.

I think the price puts alot of people off, but he won't cost us 6 million.

Would people take him for 4million? I think it'd be a great signing at that price. They were going to sell him for 2 million this time last year, and now he has had a good season but his team failed to get into the Prem (nomore parachute money etc), so 4mill would get him.

Sneijder will cost us around 12million, and there isn't any real links to this player other than some links on Teamtalk.

MON didn't buy Petrov last summer for 8mill to leave him on the bench next season. He trusts Petrov, but he wants someone like Koumas to act as backup.

Reality checky people.

I just say another article where apparently Koumas said "i don't know about Aston Villa's interest"...i'm confused to hell now....http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/06/04/koumas-set-for-crunch-talks/

Just read that too.

People REALLY need to calm down, hadn't been on this site until 20mins ago, and had to read the last 20 pages of this thread - ALL about Koumas!

We might be after him, we might not. One things for sure, doesn't seem Koumas knows what's going on either.

I know his cousin at Uni, and he's always saying Jason wants to go to Everton. I could ask him if he knows anything if people like?

If Villa were after Koumas, he wouldn't be going on holiday, he'd be finalising the deal as we speak. Nobody right now has offered JACK SHIT, that's why he's pissed off on holiday.

Jesus....nearly 600 pages on possible transfers, not a player signed yet! I'm guessing this thread will top 1200 page by the start of the season. To be honest I don't think any of us are any wiser as to our targets. funny old game as someone said once.....

My opinion is Sneidjer is better than Barry and would replace him, i don't know what the fuss is, and if you wouldn't take Robben over Barry then i think this debate is worthless.

how is he better ?

Robben playing one great game in 5, or Barry doing the business week in week out ? NO CONTEST

as for Solano. i stand 100% behind my he never turned up away comment. i trust my own eyes. he was a disgrace on the road the majority of the time

One play for a league winning side and one plays for a midtable team. I dont mean that Barry is worse or anything but you need to put prospective and reality inside your valuation. The quality Robben has overshines Barry but Barry is probably more consistent...at a slightly lower level.

i've just read that Barton and Parker have turned us down, hense us going for Reo - Coker

i'm starting to fear the financial muscle of West Ham abit, i'm not sure whether or not we will pay out the sort of wages West Ham and Newcastle are prepared too, to get the better players.

It seems West Ham want Barton as well now, if both midfielders go to West Ham, then Newcastle will probably sign Reo Coker who obviously wants to go there.

i'm getting a bad feeling that we are going to have to settle for second best with a lot of players i.e Koumas instead of Sneijder.

I hope the big wages, opportunity to be living in London or the opportunity to play infront of a guarenteed 52000 every week, doesn't play too much of a factor in where players go.

I need a big name signing to settle my nerves

can't call it second best. Reo Coker is better than both Parker and Barton IMO. He only had a shit season because he was victimised. You wait under MON he will be amazing...if he signs

VILLA IN FOR ANOTHER MIDFIELDER

Despite plenty of gossip to the contrary, Aston Villa have yet to make their mark in this summer's market, with both Parker and Barton reputedly snubbing interest from Villa Park to move elsewhere.

So it is now being claimed that Martin O'Neill has set his sights much closer to home. 'West Bromwich midfielder Jason Koumas has revealed that Aston Villa have joined the race to sign him,' declares the Mail. 'Koumas, 27, is also a £6million target for Everton, Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland and Celtic following Albion's failure to return to the Premiership.'

Not that the Mail is necessarily a reliable guide - it claimed on Friday that Barton was joining West Ham.

it was in football 365's transfer gossip, it might not be true, but it put's seeds of doubt in my mind

and when you consider West Ham are being linked with 13 million pound moves and paying out 90k a week to players, it makes it sound a little more believeable

but who know's maybe we will be able to pay big wages too

I thought people realised this though?

West Am will throw all the money in the world almost doing a Chelsea and offer ridiculous wages to get their men, they are impatient.

MON wont do that imo, he will take his time identify his targets tell Randy how much he thinks they are worth etc if it goes over that i dont think MON will buy. He is building a long term team, not a quick job like West Am, they will be the next Leeds!

I thought people realised this though?

West Am will throw all the money in the world almost doing a Chelsea and offer ridiculous wages to get their men, they are impatient.

MON wont do that imo, he will take his time identify his targets tell Randy how much he thinks they are worth etc if it goes over that i dont think MON will buy. He is building a long term team, not a quick job like West Am, they will be the next Leeds!

Or next Chelsea... :winkold:

I dont think for a minute that Eggert Magnusson is that stupid so he jepardize West Ham United FC. You call him Mr Egghead, but as far as I am concerned he has shown ambition and financial muscles when needed. They are building a team which would be there for a long time...they are not spending big on bad or old players...they are mixing experience with young talents. I think West Ham is doing exactly right.

i've just read that Barton and Parker have turned us down, hense us going for Reo - Coker

i'm starting to fear the financial muscle of West Ham abit, i'm not sure whether or not we will pay out the sort of wages West Ham and Newcastle are prepared too, to get the better players.

It seems West Ham want Barton as well now, if both midfielders go to West Ham, then Newcastle will probably sign Reo Coker who obviously wants to go there.

i'm getting a bad feeling that we are going to have to settle for second best with a lot of players i.e Koumas instead of Sneijder.

I hope the big wages, opportunity to be living in London or the opportunity to play infront of a guarenteed 52000 every week, doesn't play too much of a factor in where players go.

I need a big name signing to settle my nerves

If Big Sam needs a centre mid because Barton goes to West Ham I think Newcastle would be more likely to go for Kevin Nolan. No need to worry about insecurities regarding how we compare to other clubs, we will follow the market if we have to.

That crap from SSN your view was someone's wishlist on the OS (apart from Jason Koumas was on theirs)

Some more stuff from the OS:

I asked my dad to look at Villa as he went passed out of interest today to see when the new kit was coming out.

Hes just rang me and said there is a black BMW X5 with reg R2 K0KA and a lot of people in suits everywhere?

That only adds up to one thing for me and please dont come and tell me im bull"I will edit my post"ting, cos i think thats pathetic when people make up rumours.

i have just got back from 1 stop and i walked past vp 2 get there and these 2 men was comin out and 1 said weve got him now so av we got reo coker has it been on ssn cuz some1 else is watchin the tv and i cant av a look
& in the same thread someone seems to think it's Kim Kallstrom. All 99% bollocks but it's interesting reading (sort of).

My outlook on the Koumas deal is that if he is one of five or six players I would be very happy.

If he is one of two or three players coming in, I would less thrilled.

But as everybody knows, it will be the first one. So no worries.

That crap from SSN your view was someone's wishlist on the OS (apart from Jason Koumas was on theirs)

Some more stuff from the OS:

I asked my dad to look at Villa as he went passed out of interest today to see when the new kit was coming out.

Hes just rang me and said there is a black BMW X5 with reg R2 K0KA and a lot of people in suits everywhere?

That only adds up to one thing for me and please dont come and tell me im bull"I will edit my post"ting, cos i think thats pathetic when people make up rumours.

i have just got back from 1 stop and i walked past vp 2 get there and these 2 men was comin out and 1 said weve got him now so av we got reo coker has it been on ssn cuz some1 else is watchin the tv and i cant av a look
& in the same thread someone seems to think it's Kim Kallstrom. All 99% bollocks but it's interesting reading (sort of).

It's always interesting reading.

The best ones are like that last one, two people walked out of Villa Park saying we got him = Reo-Coker has signed...obviously.

My outlook on the Koumas deal is that if he is one of five or six players I would be very happy.

If he is one of two or three players coming in, I would less thrilled.

i agree, but if Koumas comes it basically saying we are not getting Sneijder IMO, which i hold a grain of hope that we are in for him.

according to sky sports Valencia want to pay 6.7 million and their manager isn't too keen, Ajax want 10.2 million, if we are in for him i reckon we are waiting to see what Valencia decide on doing.