Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Spurs should be our barometer in that they are a big club without Champs League and with money to spend. Whilst Koumas is a good player he's a Middlesbrough level player at best.

Are you trying to tell me that Spurs did not buy players from the Championship?

I'm trying to tell you Spurs never bought 27 yo players from the championship. They bought young prospects.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and he now claims Villa are also on his trail

'claims' as his agent has tried to turn his head

"I've known about Aston Villa's interest so it is no surprise

Coz he reads this site and the Mercury?

I personally don't believe a word of this unless it was something like....

MON ' How much for Koumas?'

PEACE ' £8m'

MON ' £6m too much.... good bye'

Villa have therefore shown an interest and pissed off so his agent is trying to start a bidding war.

If MON can get Sneijder I think he will move any player in his way. Sneijder is class and if he plays on the left then Barry can go into the middle and Young take care of the right side.

so where would we fit in Reo Coker and Petrov then ?

the joys of having a big squad :winkold:

Something none of us could of said this time last year

Koumas and Bellamy, or Sneijder and Huntelaar? I know which pair I'd choose to pursue and I also think our credibility as an ambitious club depends on positive media reaction to our signings.

Huntelaar you're kidding right?. Isnt Sneijder primarily a left winger which we dont need?. People need to get a sense of perspective. It's amazing that if a player linked to Villa isnt some world star he's slagged off to high heaven. where the hell has all this bullshit come from?.

Plus Sneijder plays in the middle for Ajax and he can play on left on occasion. Lets say for arguments sake Huntelaar and Sneijder are out of reach. That still doesn't make Championship players any more desirable. Spurs should be our barometer in that they are a big club without Champs League and with money to spend. Whilst Koumas is a good player he's a Middlesbrough level player at best. You dont need to be a world star to get the pulse racing but you do need to have a certain level of ability.

I think posters have already ably demonstrated that he is a good player. Read back and learn.

Read back and learn what?

Aston Villa are going to splash the cash within the next month, with the signings of Craig Bellamy, Nigel Reo-Coker, Wesley Sneijder, Urby Emanuelson, Craig Gordon, Darren Bent and Cristian Zaccardo.

Dan Matthews - Rugeley, Staffordshire

Taken from "your view" section on sky sports, wouldn´t be sad if the boy is right :)

If MON can get Sneijder I think he will move any player in his way. Sneijder is class and if he plays on the left then Barry can go into the middle and Young take care of the right side.

so where would we fit in Reo Coker and Petrov then ?

Sneijder Barry NRC Petrov Young/Agbonlahor....didn't we start with 5 in midfield last season...

decide what I'm going to do in a couple of months.

He can piss off if he thinks we're going to have to wait 2 months for him.

He said 2 weeks - he's on holiday.

i'd love to see Petrov's face if he was demoted to the bench. can't see O'Neill spending 8m on him, 8m on Reo Coker (TBC) to only play one of em in the middle

and Barry should be a CERT in any Villa side. and i'm tempted to say Young should be too after his strong end to last season

If we manage to get Sniejder then Barry may well be the fall guy because Sniedjer is better than Gareth, all the other midfielders (if we include Reo-coker) are Mon signings and he won't want to be seen to be wasting money,

Sneijder Petrov Reo-coker Young

is a top four midfield imo, people need to understand that Barry is not the be all and end all!!, no-one should be a "cert" at Villa in this new era.

i'd love to see Petrov's face if he was demoted to the bench. can't see O'Neill spending 8m on him, 8m on Reo Coker (TBC) to only play one of em in the middle

and Barry should be a CERT in any Villa side. and i'm tempted to say Young should be too after his strong end to last season

If we manage to get Sniejder then Barry may well be the fall guy because Sniedjer is better than Gareth, all the other midfielders (if we include Reo-coker) are Mon signings and he won't want to be seen to be wasting money,

is a top four midfield imo, people need to understand that Barry is not the be all and end all!!, no-one should be a "cert" at Villa in this new era.

I'm confident barry will still be one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

Sneijder Barry NRC Petrov Young/Agbonlahor....didn't we start with 5 in midfield last season...

we did yes, with two forwards playing the wide roles. not sure you can call Sneijder a forward! not that we'll get him anyway mind

why on earth would ANYBODY drop our best player by a mile, from a new look midfield ?

what exactly had Petrov done to earn his place in the middle alongside RC ?

Sneijder Barry Reo-Coker Young

... perhaps

Aston Villa are going to splash the cash within the next month, with the signings of Craig Bellamy, Nigel Reo-Coker, Wesley Sneijder, Urby Emanuelson, Craig Gordon, Darren Bent and Cristian Zaccardo.

Dan Matthews - Rugeley, Staffordshire

Taken from "your view" section on sky sports, wouldn´t be sad if the boy is right :)

have we even ever been linked with bent in the papers?Would be a very productive summer if we sign everyone there.Would leave us with 5 strikers(providing moore stays) and a big squad with strength in depth.Definitely capable of challenging for the top 6.

if we spent that much and brought that lot in, and were still only challenging for the 'top six' i think we'd best pack up. we should be challenging for sixth spot with just a few quality additions nevermind that lot

but there's no way we're after all of em anyway. maybe one or two. the rest are just lazy journos putting 2+2 together