Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

And if you were MON, wouldn't you attempt to sign the best players first and sign the fillers afterwards?

I doubt O'Neill has even concidered what order he should sign players in. Get them all in as soon as possible seems to be the plan. If it's easier/quicker to sign Koumas than it is Sneijder then so be it.

As was mentioned a lot on here through the Ellis era, it is the board's job to get the players in once the manager has identified them. And as said above, as long as he gets the players in, I'm sure he couldn't care less what order they are in.

Maybe Koumas is sitting around twiddling his thumbs at the moment, whereas Marquez, Emerson, Kerzhakov and Daniel Alves haven't finished their league season yet, and therefore nothing can be done about them yet?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Jason Koumas spend the last season that WBA were in the premiership on loan at Cardiff after a row with Bryan Robson who thought he needed to improve defensively.

Yes.

West Brom were relegated, 'many' say it was because they didn't have enough creativity in midfield. :winkold:

What did it say Bromsgrove

Essentially this on teamtalk -

The West Brom midfielder, who has also been strongly linked with Everton, seems certain to leave the Baggies after they failed to regain their place in the Premiership.

The Wales international had an outstanding season for Albion after going AWOL last summer, with Tony Mowbray bringing the best out of the 27-year-old.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill watched Koumas in action several times last season but the player will hold talks with Mowbray and West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace before making any decision.

Koumas said: "I've known about Aston Villa's interest so it is no surprise. But I'll have a break and decide what I'm going to do in a couple of months.

"You wouldn't believe how much I want to have a break now and then decide what I'm going to do in the summer. I've got a lot of thinking to do.

"I'll have a meeting with the manager and the chairman and see what is happening."

O'Neill is also interested in signing West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker, although Newcastle are also in strong contention.

The former Celtic boss is also known to be keen on England defender Luke Young following his relegation from the Premiership with Charlton last month.

link

Didn't Jason Koumas spend the last season that WBA were in the premiership on loan at Cardiff after a row with Bryan Robson who thought he needed to improve defensively.

EDIT: yes it is libelloys thats why I have edited it out! ahamaad

Just considering the PR babble we have been fed

Didn't surprise me in the slightest when i saw who posted this.

How about we give the club a chance to bring in the players they want before we write off their positive comments as PR babble.

2 weeks? John Carew took a few days to decide and Young took a few days too now we get a championship player who wants a few weeks he can stay there. Thought those type of players were hungry for the premiership, obviously not.

Hang on people..... It's only his comment. we dont even know if we've put a bid in, my feeling is that 1 or 2 or even more deals have already been finalised but with no contracts starting til July there is no need to announce anything

Oh god. If we have got to wait two weeks, how many more pages of people arguing about Koumas will we have to put up with.

Its all rather simple. If MON wants him and he decides he wants us then we will buy him.

Then he will be a Villa player and should receive the same welcome that Carew,Young etc received.

Koumas and Bellamy, or Sneijder and Huntelaar? I know which pair I'd choose to pursue and I also think our credibility as an ambitious club depends on positive media reaction to our signings.

Whoooo...that's a tough one....i wish it didnt have to be so hard!!! :winkold:

Koumas and Bellamy, or Sneijder and Huntelaar? I know which pair I'd choose to pursue and I also think our credibility as an ambitious club depends on positive media reaction to our signings.

Huntelaar you're kidding right?. Isnt Sneijder primarily a left winger which we dont need?. People need to get a sense of perspective. It's amazing that if a player linked to Villa isnt some world star he's slagged off to high heaven. where the hell has all this bullshit come from?.