Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I could make some exceptions and to prove I have nothing against aging Aussies I'd be delighted to take Viduka on board.

I's sooner have an unfit Kewell than a fat, Lazy Viduka any day of the week. The guy only plays when he needs a contract!

Wasn't McGrath 'Injury Prone' when we signed him? and IMO he's the best player to pull on a Villa shirt since the class of '82!

Kewell is a gamble, but still a quality player when fit......we just need to keep him fit ;)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say if Scott Parker leaves barcodes then I would be disappointed if we did not at least make a move for him

And then get suicidal if he chose Wet Spam over us :)

Absolutely. Agree with you both. Well, Spam got that London factor. How on earth can a club from London be that crap as Spam are?

All the players we are targeting are also being looked at by Man Utd, Arsenal, Spuds and Liverpool.........so it is going to be very difficult, nigh on impossible to get our first choices by the looks of things........but the good thing is we are looking to get in top class players..........which if we want to break into the top 6 we need to do and by top class i mean Schneider, Reo-Coker, Huntelaar....I don't include Kewell, Bellamy or Koumas in this category.

Now it really depends on the club doing their utmost to convince the players their future is at VP.....with a new owner, new manager and new training ground that is up there with the best in the country and the fans full of optimism.........there is no reason to suggest we won't land some of our first choice targets. However, we need to try and stay patient.......Martin O'Neill is a great manager and lots of players will want to come and play for him.........look at Ashley Young. People like Sidwell wil regret their decision when they become a bench warmer for Chelsea every week.

Villa are a club on the up and with lots of ambition..........

I have to say, all the takeovers worries me, as it seems the top 4 want to buy all the best players to stop other clubs getting them..........and then not necessarily play them.

Liverpool seem to want to buy the whole of La Liga .........

I would be pleased if we bought 5 players...........a centre half, a right back, a GK, a centre mid, a left mid and a striker.

We should realistically go for players like Boruc, Gordon, Carson (GK).......

Right back Luke Young,

Centre mid Reo Coker, Scharner

Left mid Matty Taylor

Striker Nugent, Defoe, Bent.....

If Bent or Reo Coker are happy to sit on the bench every other week then they may go to Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal respectively.

If they want to play football for a great club and great manager and make themselves better players....then they will come to Villa.

We will have to wait and see.

:D

parker would be a waste of money at 8m

I disagree. A bargain at that price. He won't leave the barcodes IMO.

fair enough.but a bargain?

the fans will tell you he has had a woeful second half to the season and they booed him on many occasions towards the end

the word on the dirty streets of newcastle is that he cant wait to get out of there!

parker would be a waste of money at 8m

I disagree. A bargain at that price. He won't leave the barcodes IMO.

fair enough.but a bargain?

the fans will tell you he has had a woeful second half to the season and they booed him on many occasions towards the end

the word on the dirty streets of newcastle is that he cant wait to get out of there!

Scott Parker is apparently homesick for London town so he could be heading to West Ham in an £8m move, says the Daily Mirror, presumably replacing the too-big-for-his-boots Hammer Nigel Reo-Coker. Replacing Parker at Newcastle will be the trouble that is Joey Barton, who should have the time of his life on Quayside.

F365

which if we want to break into the top 6 we need to do and by top class i mean Schneider, Reo-Coker, Huntelaar....I don't include Kewell, Bellamy or Koumas in this category.

I would not class reo coker in the same class as the other two.....a very good prospect perhaps but top class is a bit far!

Barton (top)

Parker (middle)

Reo Coker (or bottom)

all centre midfielders with defensive qualities (what we need)

For the one time price of 6m (roughly the average asking price of all 3)

Who would you have?

Has to be parker out of the 3!

Reo Coker has always struck me as a bit lightweight for the middle of the park, for a top premiership club anyhow, and the other is a time bomb!

(Note: i would still take the other 2 at the drop of a hat)

No need to panic, nobody done nothin....

• [*:e7319e2ec0]Arsenal
    Lukasz Fabianski (undisc.)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Aston Villa
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Birmingham City
    Fabrice Muamba (undisc.)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Blackburn Rovers
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Bolton Wanderers
    Blerim Dzemaili (free)
    Gerald Cid (free)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (undisc)
    Jlloyd Samuel (free)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Chelsea
    Steve Sidwell (free)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Derby
    None
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Everton
    Tim Howard (undisc.)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Fulham
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Liverpool
    Lucas Leiva (undisc.)
    Andriy Voronin (free)
    Krizstian Nemeth
    Andras Simon
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Manchester City
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Manchester United
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Middlesbrough
    Jonathan Woodgate (£7million)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Newcastle United
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Portsmouth
    Sylvain Distin (free)
    Hermann Hreidarsson (free)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Reading
    Kalifa Cisse (undisc.)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Sunderland
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Tottenham Hotspur
    Gareth Bale (£5million)
    [*:e7319e2ec0]West Ham
    None.
    [*:e7319e2ec0]Wigan Athletic
    None.

I shall update when other teams buy, ,so everyone knows not to panic as our section grows too ;)

although i imagine you will be writing undisclosed fee a lot

it really annnoys me when you dont know how much a player moved for!

Doesn't annoy me, far too many Villa fans throw the cost of a player in their faces when they are not performing at that level!

Which i dont quite understand as by that theory, Gabby, Gardner, Luke etc can perform crap because they didn't cost anything :lol: