Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how about Curtis Davies? I think he could be a decent player for us

If he gets that shit afro back...no chance!

I think we already have Cahil and Ridgewell for that type of defender. We need a more experienced one to cover Laursen.

If we are after Thomas Gravesen... God heavens that would be a very bad move Mon!

don't hope it's true... Amen

If Mon wants him.....

Whacha gonna do?

Not give him a chance, he might be good?

Or just not support Villa.... ;)

agree MrSJ. I would be very distressed if we signed Gavesen. Imagine a midfield with Gravesen and Kewell in it. We would be pulled apart

So if MON was to buy these two players are you saying you wouldn't be prepared to give them a chance?

Hope for them to fail?

I think the right players are the ones that MON wants, after all, he is the Manager.

With the experience in making these decisions!!

According to the papers it seems Valencia have bid £10m for that Schneider bloke (never heard of him myself) that we apparently wanted.

Bit worried here, if, and it is only an if, he was the midfielder we wanted as our no. 1 target have why have we not bid for him by now. I presume we haven't as with todays media you wouldn't get away with a secret bid. Theefore, if he agrees personal terms with Valencia we have missed the boat on our no.1 target !!.

Bit concerned.....

Giles Barnes? He has had a really good season and was extremely sharp yesterday. Only 18 although i think it could be another £5-10m job

Barnes would be a fantastic signing...except I have it on very good authority that he won't be leaving Derby.

So if MON was to buy these two players are you saying you wouldn't be prepared to give them a chance?

Hope for them to fail?

I think the right players are the ones that MON wants, after all, he is the Manager.

i'm not saying that at all VillaBoy. I will give them a chance but i would be dissapointed at first. I don't doubt MON's judgement but i wouldn't be overly excited by Kewell or Gravesen

No one is asking you to be 'overly excited', just a little bit happy?

Compare these players to the likes of Djemba-djemba and Peter whittingham and I'd say they're pretty decent signings..

Bit worried here, if, and it is only an if, he was the midfielder we wanted as our no. 1 target have why have we not bid for him by now. I presume we haven't as with todays media you wouldn't get away with a secret bid. Theefore, if he agrees personal terms with Valencia we have missed the boat on our no.1 target !!.

Bit concerned.....

As you said IF, we may have never been interested in him at all.

The only real like was in the Birmingham Mail i think and the writer of that nicks stuff off here, so god knows. As people post stuff from SSN Your View which is about as reliable as football rumours, i.e rubbish!

Giles Barnes? He has had a really good season and was extremely sharp yesterday. Only 18 although i think it could be another £5-10m job

Barnes would be a fantastic signing...except I have it on very good authority that he won't be leaving Derby.

Yeah, radio 1 news just quoted him as saying he wont be leaving Derby now they are promoted.

Hope for them to fail?

i'm not saying that at all VillaBoy. I will give them a chance but i would be dissapointed at first. I don't doubt MON's judgement but i wouldn't be overly excited by Kewell or Gravesen

I remember watching Tommy Gravesen playing for Madrid 2 seasons ago, was a pretty decent player - very gritting and tough tackling. He was always in their first 11 too, shipped out after 1 season mind so who knows.

I wouldnt mind him as a signing, his hardness is much needed in midfield, but wouldnt be over the moon if he was shown off as our main signing.

Pompey laugh off Taylor rumours

Portsmouth have warned Premiership rivals Aston Villa and Everton off Matt Taylor, insisting they are unwilling to sell the player.

Chief executive Peter Storrie laughed off reports of putting a £5million valuation on the player who, last season, scored nine goals - most of them spectacular strikes.

"They are having a laugh," said Storrie.

"We are not interested in selling Matt Taylor - and certainly not for that price. He is worth far more than £5million.

Villa and Everton have been linked with the 25-year-old, but Pompey boss Harry Redknapp said: "I think someone is being mischievous. We want to keep him.

"We never keep players against their will. If he said he wanted to go, we'd have to look at the situation, but Matty has never given an indication that this is the case."

Taylor, who kept new Croatia star Niko Kranjcar out of the Pompey team for much of last season, is contracted to Pompey until 2010.

And Redknapp's attention is now focused on luring at least two more goalscorers to Fratton Park after confirming an interest in Lyon midfielder Alou Diarra and Rennes striker John Utaka.

But France international Diarra, 25, would cost around £4.5million and Utaka is priced at £5.6million.

Clicky...

Blumin ek, another one gone.....:wink:

Ah the old 'let's deny any selling to make the fans feel that when we do inevitably sell they will slag the player off for supposedly wanting to leave rather than us for taking any offer' line.

Says to me that it's bye bye to Pompey from Matty Taylor. Now which club will he join? Hmmmm......

i'm a little dissapointed we didn't go after bale. especially as we're a bit light on CB's and it's Bouma's preferred position (or maybe MON doesn't play him their because of his lack of hight)

thoughts?