Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it, why would Matt Taylor leave Pompey when he only signed a 5 year deal a couple of months ago? Hardly showing that he wanted to rush for the exit is it...

:?

Maybe his Mrs hates him traveling to Pompy every day and wants him to move to a closer club. Its happened in the past.

Maybe when they moved to Portsmouth they thought it was near Oxford. Remind you of anyone? ;)

Maybe his Mrs hates him traveling to Pompy every day and wants him to move to a closer club. Its happened in the past.

Maybe when they moved to Portsmouth they thought it was near Oxford. Remind you of anyone? ;)

Exactly who I had in mind when i first posted.

A lot of people have suggested "Taylor is nowhere near Barry's level" but i'm inclined to disagree, Taylor offers something that Barry can only dream of, and that's a goal out of nothing, Barry only managed that once this season against Spurs but Taylor is an expert at it, he can very much be the difference between a draw and a win for us, for me he's better suited to the left wing and he's got more pace than Barry out there, he might not be the box of tricks that Young is but in any good team it's important to have a player who can pull you out of trouble and Taylor can be that, if we're already in talks with the guy then i say we've as good as got him, 6m would be fair i guess, imo it's important that no player is certain of there place and the more quality we bring in the more that's a reality.

Hitzlsperger could offer us something that Barry couldn't. Doesn't mean he was near Barry's level. In my (and many other people's) opinion, Barry WAS the difference between a win/draw or a draw/loss this season.

I would much rather have Barry than Taylor but this is old ground we are in danger of treading. To be honest, for all his spectacular goals, I would prefer us to sign someone else if he is going to cost over £6 million. Please don't ask me who though.

I would much rather have Barry than Taylor but this is old ground we are in danger of treading. To be honest, for all his spectacular goals, I would prefer us to sign someone else if he is going to cost over £6 million

Who ?

Sorry :)

Hitzlsperger could offer us something that Barry couldn't. Doesn't mean he was near Barry's level. In my (and many other people's) opinion, Barry WAS the difference between a win/draw or a draw/loss this season.

Yeah he was the difference alright!!, from the penalty spot :oops:

In the last nine games imo it was Petrov and Berger who ran the show.

I think one of the main issues for people is that the signing of Taylor would be "uninspiring" somehwat. Well for me it would be good signing. He is a good quality player and we would not have been able to sign him before last summer, no way. Taking arguably their best player?

You also have to realise that not every signing we make this summer will be the top of the pile 15M player.

Taylor falls into the squad builder category for me and he is top of the pile of squad builders

Yeah he was the difference alright!!, from the penalty spot :oops:

In the last nine games imo it was Petrov and Berger who ran the show.

Were you watching the same games as me? Not saying Petrov and Berger didn't play well, but without Barry we would have been very close to relegation this season. BOF wasn't talking about goals, he was talking about overall performance.

Broken record Cyber. We all know you hate Barry, but he's clearly better than Taylor. Give it a rest will you. Let's get back on topic and not ruin another thread.