Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£10m should get him, he'd be well worth the money.

Judging by those goals, he seems like a bit of a box player with a bit of pace, would this work well with Carew?!

Also, my god he can take a free-kick!

Like the look of him

Reminds me a lot of the style of Darren Bent

The fact that he's in a lesser league and not with the big boys of that league suggests to me that he is very gettable and would welcome a move to England.

Forget Bellamy, Smith and Nugent, it's gotta be this lad or Darren Bent for me.

Is it me or should we be looking at getting better strikers than other peoples cast offs!

Smith and the no necked thug would have been good signings under the old regime, however with the backing we now enjoy combined with the popularity of the league in general surely it would be better to go for one of Europe’s leading marksmen such as Huntelaar or Alves.

Who knows, they may turn out to be next years Berbatov!

A good no nonsense summing up of where we're at imo.

Like the look of him

The fact that he's in a lesser league and not with the big boys of that league suggests to me that he is very gettable and would welcome a move to England.

Would love him but £10m wouldn't get him. They want about e20m which is what £14m?

Ahhh do they?! I have no idea.

My mate mentioned him last night and said he'd love him at Liverpool. Can't say I had heard about him.

Just guessed being in the dutch league at a lesser club he'd be valued at most at £10m! My bad!

the dutch league is a strange one though, Majeta Kezman (pardon the spelling) scored bucket loads of goals in Holland and where is he now...Ruud V nisterooy has to be the only good dutch striker since bergkamp.

Is it me or should we be looking at getting better strikers than other peoples cast offs!

Smith and the no necked thug would have been good signings under the old regime, however with the backing we now enjoy combined with the popularity of the league in general surely it would be better to go for one of Europe’s leading marksmen such as Huntelaar or Alves.

Who knows, they may turn out to be next years Berbatov!

He might also turn out to be the next Luque. Say what you want about bellamy and/or smith, at least you know what you are getting, and that includes 100% effort on the pitch, particularly in Bellamy's case. This is a team game, and if martin blends the right type of players, they won't have to be absolute superstars. Although admittedly that Alves boy looks talented, and I wouldn't say no to ronaldinho :)

Like the look of him

Would love him but £10m wouldn't get him. They want about e20m which is what £14m?

I think that we need a striker who is a class above the current crop of british strikers. If he costs 20 million euros then I think Randy will happily pay it.

Have to say though on second viewing of that, some of the defending/goalkeeping was not up to much

Took the letter's from under my fingers...lol....i was about to say...some of the defending and goalkeeping does look bloody woeful, not trying to take anything away from him though...anyone that can score 34 goals in a season in a professional leaugue has to be woth at least a look...i guess

You cannot judge somebody via a youtube video.

There is only one source by which a player can be judged as worthy and that is... FM2007. :roll:

Like the look of him

I think that we need a striker who is a class above the current crop of british strikers. If he costs 20 million euros then I think Randy will happily pay it.

Well if their asking just under 14m quid, a bit of negotiating would get him for 11/12m. Its a gamble but what top signing isn't. And I dont subscribe to the idea that Kezman failed, more that Chelsea played one up front and more often than not that one was drogba. Kezman never got a chance to settle. This kid is clearly a good player and he's scored goals for the team that came fourth. Kezman and V.nistelrooy played for the top team when they got all their goals. Yes he'd be a gamble, and I don't know who mentioned smith as being proven in the prem but one things for sure. With Smith return of 45 goals in 233 appearences, playing for two very good sides, I'd agree that he wouldn't be a gamble cos you already KNOW he wont score enough goals.

With Smith return of 45 goals in 233 appearences, playing for two very good sides, I'd agree that he wouldn't be a gamble cos you already KNOW he wont score enough goals.

Fair point.

all im saying though, is for every berbatov, there is a luc nilic. I'm not convinced that up front is our priority anyway, because it has traditionally been the case (recent signings and end of season aside) that the lack of goals has been largely down to a lack of midfield creativity. I would sort out issues at the back and in midfield before looking for our 'Henry'