Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Suggestion:

Charles N'Zogbia (Newcastle)

Great talent from the looks of it last season, stagnating a bit this year as I think he is fed up with the club he is at where old has-beens

is preferred before him.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thoughts Pelle. I agree with you about Sneijder - he's within out reach, but its whether or not the bigger clubs are willing to take a chance. Viduka, however, I'm not so convinced about. If we signed a big name striker it wouldn't freeze out Moore, Carew or Gabby. I think it would be the perfect incentive to step up to the next level. Training around grade A players is only going to help the youngsters.

Suggestion:

Titus Bramble (Newcastle) - out of contract and available for free

Great defender with a sublime vision and concrete tackling. Would be somewhat of a sensation if we got him.

(Just kidding)

:crylaugh:

Too late, I'm afraid. SHA have swooped for him.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Pelle, commiserations from another insomniac. The thoughts that ramble through my mind in the middle of the night tend to be unprintable, or if they are about Villa they don't make a lot of sense. Your thoughts however make reasonable sense and a good basis for discussion.

My one major disagreement is over your view of Craig Gardner, imo he is going to be the next big icon at VP. He has loads of technical ability and the heart and soul of an Ian Taylor (that was one of my "three in the morning" ramblings.)

My one major disagreement is over your view of Craig Gardner, imo he is going to be the next big icon at VP. He has loads of technical ability and the heart and soul of an Ian Taylor (that was one of my "three in the morning" ramblings.)

Having seen 6 of his last 7 games live i agree totally with this. A real star in the making.

Boruc

Distin

Jagielka

Bent

Reo-Coker

I agree with this except for Reo-Coker. Barry's move into the middle of the pitch & the emergence of Graig Gardner as a midfielder of substance (no matter his age, he physically bossed Bolton's midfield giants around for long stages on saturday) leads me to believe that central midfield will not be a priority for MON.

(Edit: just to add that if we did sign Jagielka, he would provide central midfield backup aswell as the ability to play right back & central defender)

Would be very happy to sign all of those but we would still need a right back!

Neil Warnock has suggested that Phil Jagielka could eventually replace Gary Neville at right back for England so he can certainly play there as well as other positions. I watched the Villa v Sheffield United game again last night & although i didn't really notice it at the time, Jagielka was far & away thier best player at right back.

Having seen 6 of his last 7 games live i agree totally with this. A real star in the making.

And I don't disagree at all. My thoughts about him is to learn his trade this season and really push for it the next season. Maybe not the right way to go, but those were my thoughts. I'd really come to like him too and he's shown more and more of being a new Sid for us. Guess I'm alone in thinking that, but still. :D

Would be very happy to sign all of those but we would still need a right back!

Neil Warnock has suggested that Phil Jagielka could eventually replace Gary Neville at right back for England so he can certainly play there as well as other positions. I watched the Villa v Sheffield United game again last night & although i didn't really notice it at the time, Jagielka was far & away thier best player at right back.

I didn't realise that he played (or can play) right back. I thought he was left footed.